• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brunello Cucinelli is simply amazing

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm a big Loro Piana fan but the BC cashmere is the shizzle. And ought to be for the price.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I really like BC and I really like MB.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. magoo
However, the tailored stuff is actually pretty mediocre quality, and terribly over-priced. There's generally no hand-work on it and often uses some inexpensive materials (e.g., cotton or nylon linings or plastic buttons). I think the cut is sometimes quite nice, but is often times kind of boring and baggy. I have had a lot of variability in the quality -- seams coming open, stitching falling out -- and would compare it to a much lower-priced tailored line.

Spot on. The real killer, IMHO, is the machine-stitched KEYHOLE buttonhole on the lapels. Damn shame, because the fabric and styling is pretty damn nice...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
BC made MB initially and may still do so.

Yes.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to have one of every BC scarf made. However, with prices starting at $400, I just can't seem to pull the trigger on that. And, I always miss them on sale
frown.gif

can you post some pics (or direct me to) of some BC scarves?

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the styling, details, and material quality of Cucinelli, however I have to agree with many here in that the construction and fit is a hit and miss.. Their tailored jackets, especially, never fits me correctly in the shoulders.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have only one pair of moleskin pant with a bit of elasthane mixed into it.
My observations:
Damn comfortable
Construction is not bulletproof (understatement)
nice details
nice feel on the fabric
good eye for color that he uses to do the various details in.
would buy again if only the construction would be more durable. (I got it on sale though)

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
The craftmanship on his jackets (esp. his Shearlings) are fantastic.

Maybe the overcoats, but certainly not the sportcoats or suits!

Originally Posted by mr. magoo
However, the tailored stuff is actually pretty mediocre quality, and terribly over-priced. There's generally no hand-work on it and often uses some inexpensive materials (e.g., cotton or nylon linings or plastic buttons).

Exactly. For example, last winter I spent about $2700 on a BC sportcoat, on sale from $3200 or so. The buttons (leather knots) were astoundingly cheap, and the first time I wore it the leather cap came clear off a sleeve button! The second time I wore it, two more leather caps came off of that same sleeve (left).

As it happens, the jacket is at NM right now to have more of those goddamned buttons replaced by something similar-looking but with some actual quality.

And their cashmere is nice, but I don't see or feel anything to me to push it over the other good Italian cashmere makers, such as LP, or even RLPL.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, follow the prompts on their site to the men's collection and you can download the new catalog. You can even get it in English.

http://www.brunellocucinelli.it/

That's a pretty nice catalog.

MaxJones

Reaction score
Sure, follow the prompts on their site to the men's collection and you can download the new catalog. You can even get it in English.

http://www.brunellocucinelli.it/

Interesting website, isn't it? But does anyone else here ever have the impression that Brunello Cucinelli is a cult?
eh.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura2010
For example, last winter I spent about $2700 on a BC sportcoat
wow - I didn't know that people on SF did that

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, follow the prompts on their site to the men's collection and you can download the new catalog. You can even get it in English. http://www.brunellocucinelli.it/
So I downloaded the cat and still didnt get any scarves in there (other than what looks maybe like a scarf on page 21 for women and 35 for men.) Any other ideas?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
So I downloaded the cat and still didnt get any scarves in there (other than what looks maybe like a scarf on page 21 for women and 35 for men.)

Any other ideas?

Pages 7, 9 & 10

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads