• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Browsing Issues with Google Chrome

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with Chrome? I know that others have posted about the lack of a "My Posts" button, which doesn't bother me since I never used it anyway. But sometimes when I'm browsing in Chrome, if I open a thread and reply to it, close it, then open it up again later, it won't take me to the most recent post. Instead if takes me to the most recent post in the thread from the previous time I posted in it. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Anyone else have issues with Chrome? I know that others have posted about the lack of a "My Posts" button, which doesn't bother me since I never used it anyway. But sometimes when I'm browsing in Chrome, if I open a thread and reply to it, close it, then open it up again later, it won't take me to the most recent post. Instead if takes me to the most recent post in the thread from the previous time I posted in it. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?
Update moar n00b.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
A) What version of Chrome are you using?

B) That updated post thing sounds like a cookies setting. Are you set to allow cookies?

Also, reply to my PM dammint!

I am illiterate. Please tell me how to find these answers to your questions.

Yggdrasil

Reaction score
I used the beta version of Chrome for awhile until I figured Firefox already did everything with equal efficiency. After a long time of using Firefox I decided to try Chrome again since it recently came out for Linux systems and the result this time is very different. It's incredibly fast, I mean significantly quicker than Firefox. I have experienced zero issues, and everything is integrated in a better way than Firefox.

So the answer is no.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Chrome has known issues with Javascript and page jumping. You can check the version if you click the wrench icon in the top right corner, and then click about google chrome. Not much you can personally do about it. There may be an add-on to fix it or something.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i use ubuntu and i used chrome for the longest time but cotdamn if it didn't lag so much. switched to firefox and it's so much faster. but i do miss the universal bar.

Rambo

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kiki - check the version number and make sure you're using the latest version which is 8.something. There should be a "check for upgrade" link under HELP. Then, you want to make sure you have the latest version of the FLASH plugin. Go to www.adobe.com/flash to find out.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Kiki - check the version number and make sure you're using the latest version which is 8.something. There should be a "check for upgrade" link under HELP.

Then, you want to make sure you have the latest version of the FLASH plugin. Go to www.adobe.com/flash to find out.

kiki?

Rambo

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

its up to .231 now. What's your flash plugin version?
Originally Posted by acidboy
kiki?
Don't be a hater.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
a) how the shit do i find that out
2) why would flash make my chrome work better for forum browinsg

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 2 2.9%