1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brown suede wingtips

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bleachboy, Nov 8, 2010.

1. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Bleachboy,

Been following this thread with interest, as I'm looking for some brown suede casual shoes that I wouldn't be afraid to beat up a bit - had my eye on those exact shoes and was curious about the quality. Please post a review after you've worn them for a while!

Cheers,
    Hal

Well, I've worn them three days in a row to break 'em in, and I am extremely happy with them! I am not a cobbler, so I can't say much about the quality, but they look great, they're comfortable, and they're cheap. [​IMG]

2. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

No, I agree.

Although really nice suede is noticeably better, anything below ~$600 is very similar.

Indeed. It's especially the case since CG leather will look much worse than full grain, but as far as I'm aware, there is no CG suede.

3. countrygent

countrygent Senior member

Well, I've worn them three days in a row to break 'em in, and I am extremely happy with them! I am not a cobbler, so I can't say much about the quality, but they look great, they're comfortable, and they're cheap. [​IMG]

Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for - I don't want to put real money into something that will get a fair amount of abuse. Glad to hear they're working for you!

Thanks,
    Hal

4. ltontheqt

ltontheqt Senior member

Bleachboy,
    They do look nice, and now they're down to 50 bucks. Still, I read all of the reviews. One guy commented on the "plastic" heels, another said they're falling apart after a few wears, others remarked on the shoddy construction. It sounds like you're happy with them. Do any of the criticisms ring true, especially the one about the heels? I am considering a purchase but don't want to waste money. Oh, and is the fit true?

5. EBugatti

EBugatti Senior member

Picked up a pair of Church's Amersham (see www.church-footwear.com and then go to the "country" collection). They are full-brogue, danite sole, very nice construction, and come in a variety of colorways--teak, sigar, maracca, brown, mud; £360.

6. bleachboy

bleachboy Senior member

Bleachboy,
    They do look nice, and now they're down to 50 bucks. Still, I read all of the reviews. One guy commented on the "plastic" heels, another said they're falling apart after a few wears, others remarked on the shoddy construction. It sounds like you're happy with them. Do any of the criticisms ring true, especially the one about the heels? I am considering a purchase but don't want to waste money. Oh, and is the fit true?

What shoes are you looking at? The ones I bought are still $158 (I just checked) and they have a Dainite sole. As to the construction, you know, I can't see anything that would indicate they would fall apart after a few years, much less a few wears. Also, yes, they fit true to size for me (9.5D).

I think you are looking at some other far crappier pair of shoes. [​IMG]

This is the link to the ones I bought.