1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brown suede brogues

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Roy

Roy Senior member

Maybe you Italians should help some of my countrymen help dressing better [​IMG]

2. kidkim2

kidkim2 Senior member

A minority view:  In determining the level of formality in footwear, I consider the texture--and, to a lesser extent, the hue--of the leather much more important than the loafer/bal/blucher disinction.  IMHO, gleaming black shell cordovan tassel loafers are just about as "formal" as textured mahogany bals.  Patent leather bluchers mate with dinner jackets.  Etc.

"Dark and smooth" trumps "light and pebbly" (or "nappy").

Just my opinion.

3. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

I'd assume that you'd wear both the tassel loafers and the bals with most suits (probably not double-breasted) and blazers? That seems to make sense and adds versatility to your shoe wardrobe.

4. kidkim2

kidkim2 Senior member

STYLESTUDENT--

Your inferences are correct. One of my favorite outfits, for example, is a predominantly grey Glen plaid Oxxford SB with black Alden shell cordovan tassel loafers. (But I wouldn't wear either the suit or the shoes to a wedding or a funeral--especially my own.)