1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brown Shoes with Gray suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Wideknot

Wideknot Senior member

In this paragraph, is Flusser referring to bluchers or balmorals? And what is the rule when it comes to wearing a brogue (wingtip) with more casual dress, such as cotton trousers and button down shirts? This is the first I've heard that a brogue can only be worn with a suit. Because I'm wearing my AE McClains today with the aforementioned combo:

[​IMG]

That looks great. Screw any "rule" that claims otherwise.

2. TBSDSpaniard

TBSDSpaniard Senior member

[​IMG] If your suit is as some others have suggested in this thread, a "black and white" type nailhead like the above.....matching with brown may be a little tricky.

3. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

Where are those double monk straps you've posted from?

4. denacethemennis

denacethemennis New Member

It's a great look, one of my favourites. Go for it.

5. A chuisle mo chroi

A chuisle mo chroi Member

6. psyc1030

psyc1030 Senior member

7. ShelterIslandMike

ShelterIslandMike Well-Known Member

I was wearing a pair of dark brown oxfords with a navy suit in court one day, when my adversary, a woman, mentioned four times that she couldn't believe I was wearing brown shoes. The first three times, I ignored her. The fourth time, I said, "That's true - about blue and black, but that's for normal folks, not guy's like me. I look fucking great in these shoes. I wouldn't try it, though, if I were you." I didn't hear much from her after that.

8. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Unless your mom is Jil Sander or Donna Karan, I would not follow her fashion advice, both in this specific case and in general.

+1
    Who are you dressing for?