• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brown shoes that go well with jeans

drkillpatient

Reaction score
hi everyone, first time poster here. im looking to buy some nice brown shoes to go with jeans(which i wear pretty much everyday). im more of a sneaker guy i ussally wear adidas superstar or asicc onitsukas but want to wear some nice casual shoes. i dont want nice 'dressy shoes'(you know, something that would be worn with a suit or something). i had these in mind: http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7482464/color/190 they're too expensive though i dont really care about the brand so long as it looks good but that is over my budget, dont really want to spend more than $125. my style is pretty much american eagle jeans, american eagle long sleeves shirts and just shoes nothing special. im dress pretty casual not really a 'hipster' or anything. some nice boots are also an option. thanks

Spilotro

Reaction score
Look for something more sleek. I own a pair of Cole Haan chukkas, pretty darn good shoes. Also, if your price cap is $125, get a nice pair of used shoes, perhaps from ebay or one of the guys around here.

Stick around!

drkillpatient

Reaction score
hey thanks for the reply, would you happen to have a picture of those shoes your talking about?

thanks

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty bad. Try to avoid anything that looks like a slipper mated with the sole of a trainer. You mentioned boots. Have you looked at the brown or sand suede Clarks desert boots? Those are simple, stylish and right in your price range at Zappos.

Doppler4000

Reaction score
You're a casual guy, so keep it simple----

4998-376386-d.jpg

If you want a darker shade of brown or subtle differences in style, etc. it won't be hard to find.

Shiny is bad.

Darker non-AE jeans of any type are going to look much better with these, however.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here own a pair of timberland 3 eyelet boat shoe upper with lug soles? I am at a loss how to match them as I got these as a gift.

Eagle

Reaction score
How about a pair of Bass Weejuns? Beef-roll pennies look great with jeans!
wink.gif

captainmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
Does anyone here own a pair of timberland 3 eyelet boat shoe upper with lug soles? I am at a loss how to match them as I got these as a gift.

I have a pair of segabo boat shoes and wear them with everything. Shorts, jeans, khakis...my style is sort of casual preppy I guess. Brown shoes go with practically anything (from a color standpoint), but for style it's really up to the person. Boat shoes are sort of a love/hate thing. I think they look good, they're really comfortable, and I don't wear socks with them (less laundry). I used to think they were old man shoes, as all my dad used to wear is plain brown boat shoes. Mine are linked below.

my shoes - http://www.sebago.com/Product/NSZZZZ.../Schoodic.aspx

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drkillpatient
hi everyone, first time poster here. im looking to buy some nice brown shoes to go with jeans(which i wear pretty much everyday). im more of a sneaker guy i ussally wear adidas superstar or asicc onitsukas but want to wear some nice casual shoes. i dont want nice 'dressy shoes'(you know, something that would be worn with a suit or something). i had these in mind:

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7482464/color/190

they're too expensive though i dont really care about the brand so long as it looks good but that is over my budget, dont really want to spend more than $125. my style is pretty much american eagle jeans, american eagle long sleeves shirts and just shoes nothing special. im dress pretty casual not really a 'hipster' or anything. some nice boots are also an option.

thanks

If you are earnest in your request and your style is what you described, I would say go with some kind of brown-ish boat shoes. They're pretty popular and "in" right now but classic enough to not look silly in 2-5 years.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spilotro
Boat shoes don't look silly?
tongue.gif

Not as silly as John Lobbs with AE jeans and a Hollister T
tongue.gif

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of ferragamo suede loafers and they go well with most of my straight legged or reasonably slim fitting jeans. Probably not the best pair for pairing with super baggy/skinny jeans - but a pretty good option for

Better yet - i got them for 50% off at Nordstroms - due to their price matching with Neiman/Bloomingdales/Barneys. Couldn't find them on the site - but they're the mocs with embossed logo (rather than the bit)

Could also do something more casual from prada like these - which i find super comfortable - and not as obnoxious as some of prada's other stuff.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...09329&ev19=3:1

Lastly, there was a recent post on leather wing-tip sneakers -which could be a good balance for denim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads