• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brown shoes grey pants

URMarc

Reaction score
Shoe 22-

Do you own those Barker Blacks? I'll be making a trip to NYC in 2 weeks and fully intend on returning with a pair of BBs. What do you think of them?

shoes22

Reaction score
i own three pair of barker blacks.

brown suede wingtips, brown suede skull and crossbones, black stratons

all are great so far quality wise. i am not a shoe expert, but they are all very comfortable and sharp looking. i get a lot of compliments on all but especially the loafers. i work in interior design so i have to be a little fashion forward and i think bb's are some of the coolest shoes that i have seen in a long time.

URMarc

Reaction score
Shoe 22--

What should I expect from the Barker Black store in NYC? Do they have a good in-store stock, or do they mainly do orders?

shoes22

Reaction score
i have only seen bb at sacks in nyc and have never been to the store. i have mail ordered one pair from saks and 2 from the main store (where Derrick Miller works.) The main store is out of a few styles. If you call them they will email you their entire catalog ahead of time and they aer very helpful. They said they have a ton of new shoes coming in September along with 6 new styles. I will probably visit in December and get a new pair then. So far I love all 3 pairs, although they are expensive I would buy them again. Their black leathers are not near as nice as their brown. hope this helps.

URMarc

Reaction score
Shoes 22--

Just out of curiosity, do you know what models are out of stock at the Barker Black store? How long did it take for your order to arrive?

shoes22

Reaction score
marc,

i think it depends on size. what is out is out untill september, though. let me know what you think of those spectators when you get them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads