Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brown or black belt?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Europe's Finest, May 20, 2002.

1. Europe's Finest

Europe's Finest Well-Known Member

Which belt goes better with a pair of light Chinos, a black or a brown one? Of course, I would wear my shoes in the same color, so you have to consider that. And I might wear it with light and dark blue shirts and other bright sommer colors.

I personally prefer the black combination because to me it looks more modern and trendy. I'm quite young and I think brown is more in common for the older generation.

What do y'all think?

I appreciate EVERYBODY'S help.

~Europe's~

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

IMHO,

Totally depends on shirt....Earth tones= brown. Red, blacks, blues, etc=black. Olive also could be black.

3. parsonsdb

parsonsdb Well-Known Member

Europe's Finest,

Also IMHO, I would without a doubt go with the light brown.
    The lack transition from any shirt (pattern, color, texture, etc) to black to light chinos just looks out of place. From a distance it puts a solid black line effectively cutting you in half. Its a photography thing. I hope this helps.
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t Parsonsdb

4. Europe's Finest

Europe's Finest Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help. [​IMG] So Steve B. thinks that it looks all right with blues, blacks, and red. But in parsonsdb's opinion it looks out of place. I'm a little bit confused now. @ parsonsdb: Do you think brown would be better? Or do you recommend another color? Does that mean I also have to wear brown shoes? If so, for what do I need my black shoes (just for black pants?)? P.S.: What means "IMHO"? I guess "In My H.(?) Opinion.?

5. Michael

Michael Senior member

humble

6. parsonsdb

parsonsdb Well-Known Member

Europe's Finest, Yes, defitanly a brown belt with light chinos. I wear ribbon belts and, I've got to explain this one. The belts with flags, fish, nautical symbols, stuff like that. As for shoes, most of the time I wear docksiders, or my flops. I hope this helps. [​IMG] Parsonsdb