• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown in Town.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
whnay.,I have a DeBoise number in the Lesser 9.5/10 brown nailhead, and I think Porty has a number in it from Raphael. The weight, colors and texture is as versatile as Manton notes. I think that you would like it a lot... I love mine.

- B

Originally Posted by TRINI
Post a pic - even if it's a cropped one.

Just as I had decided that I did not need another suit right now.... am intrigued to see this.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra
Just as I had decided that I did not need another suit right now.... am intrigued to see this.

As am I, take pics of it Bill.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
I have a grey sharkskin and a navy birdseye suits that are a couple of years old. Both need to be adjusted, I just haven't gotten around to getting that done. Was scheduled to meet with Luca earlier this year in NYC, but his flight was cancelled due to the volcano. I was going to do the fittings for stuff I ordered earlier this year (three jackets :navy hopsack, brown and burg check, and olive check, and the brown suit) on that trip. I actually decided today to skip the fittings in NYC and go to Naples in late October and have all the fittings/adjustments done there, assuming the logistics work for everyone.
Sounds like a great idea - though you'll probably end up ordering a host of other things while at the Mother Ship!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Page back in this thread.

- B

For some reason I cannot see them. Can you PM me?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
For some reason I cannot see them. Can you PM me?

Try again in a couple minutes...when the photos sputter back from the archives, the URLs are unstable on the photo server for the initial few minutes.

- B

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not a great fan of brown suits, but have taken on a few tan summer suits (Lesser SFT, Scabal Business Class), and one from the Harrison's flannel book that is en route. Not a real brown-- it's somewhere between charcoal and khaki. 11oz worsted-- probably too hot even for Atlanta winters but I'm looking forward to seeing how it behaves in Boston. If I get really wild, I might even break out the brown shoes to go with it.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
The Brown chalkstripe that Voxsartoria has ordered. The bastard.
I recently saw Brian Lishak in such a suit. Beautiful!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geekshonors
I recently ordered a milk chocolate brown mohair from Rubinacci. I think it's 9 oz. I wanted a brown suit that I could wear in the heat of southwest Louisiana.
I was in Lafayette a few weeks ago and ran into someone wearing Anderson & Sheppard (can recoginze at ten paces) ... and now I hear about Rubinacci in the Lake Charles area ... this is eye opening.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
If you had to get just one brown suit, what would it be and why?

This, because IMO pinstripes and nailheads look odd in brown.

Picture is by Andrew Roger

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
This, because IMO pinstripes and nailheads look odd in brown. Picture is by Andrew Roger
I'm not keen on that one. Plus, I think whnay already has a sports coat in a similar colour. He needs a darker brown for a suiting. From the same book.
0341.jpg
This is much better, from the same book 0341 I have the blue 0340. The Brown is a beautiful rich cloth.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
Would love to see this.

One of my few WAYWRN posts, was reposted in Vox's digest. Can't find the pic any more.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sadden me.

- B

I am usually a disappointment, even to myself.

BTW, what happened to your brown pinstripe. Is it still on the Cumbria-Cambridge express ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads