• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown double monks

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would get some Certo's from Lance, but alas none are in my size (10.5). I prefer a sleeker last to that of a more rounded profile (chisel toe), I am open to any color of brown, prefer some antiquing....any ideas? Oh, also, not super expensive....used is fine.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the JL Wallace on ebay for less than $600. Pretty happy with them.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You also have Church and JM WESTON but they tend to be a little bit more rounder in their design....
On the price tag issue , i have just bought a pair of a Church dark brown Monk for less than £190...
JM WESTON are a little bit more expensive but their shoes are better looking and quality but unfortunately more expensive (£330)...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
how about the santoni alfred?
Alfred_Brown_Lg.jpg

mistahlee

Reaction score
My wish is the same. C & J offers an handgrade double monk built on the elegant 337 last. But guess what. Black only.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there's the rl chawner, retail was $595.00. probably made by C&J (although there were debates about this). GVH had been dumping them on ebay (120-200), not sure if another batch is forthcoming. it was a double buckle monk with a cap-toe, available in a british tan.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I got the JL Wallace on ebay for less than $600. Pretty happy with them.

They're nice shoes. It reminds me of my jaunt into the newly opened JL boutique by the Mandarin Hotel in HK, I asked the assistant about the Wallace and they'd never heard of it. For a moment, I'd thought I'd gotten the model name mixed up with something from EG or C&J.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sagorhq
I'm a fan of C&J

This thread have been down for almost 5 years. You are a fan of CJ and what else??
puzzled.gif

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
there's the rl chawner, retail was $595.00. probably made by C&J (although there were debates about this). GVH had been dumping them on ebay (120-200), not sure if another batch is forthcoming. it was a double buckle monk with a cap-toe, available in a british tan.

I have a barely worn pair of these I bought off eBay about six months ago and they cost me like USD400. They are beautiful C&J handgrade quality IMO. I used Saphir and after a little bit of work they came up with a mirror shine. I should mention I cleaned the crap artificial antiquing off with denatured alcohol and then worked them up to their true colour - a magnificent light English tan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads