• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown Chelsea Boots with Dark Jeans?

WhiskeyBent

Reaction score
In case you didn't already know, I really have no sense of what works and what doesn't. I found a pair of these Cole Haan Derby boots at S.A. for $10, so I bought them. They're a little worn, but after a leather polish and shine, I think they'll look like new. Anyhow, I was wondering if these would go well with a pair of dark wash jeans and maybe a button down? It seems to me like a pair of black shoes would be the way to go with darker jeans, but I don't really know what I'm talking about. Just curious on your all's opinions. Thanks.

Here's a link to the boots (I know, Cole Haan isn't S.F. approved, but they were $10)

http://www.bluefly.com/Cole-Haan-bro...901/detail.fly

WhiskeyBent

Reaction score
Oops, I meant to post this in Streetwear & Denim. Can a Mod move it?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown leather shoes look much better then black does with jeans IMO. And chelseas are a classic boot for jeans.

Nice find.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be hard to make out in the photo, but those are brown chelseas. They work perfectly fine with jeans, and are quite versatile.

DSC00058.jpg

xudisco07

Reaction score
They will look good, much better than black shoes.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of black shoes with Jeans (regardless of type). Other less conservative colors is the way to go. Jeans are really easy to match with shoes, you can almost never go wrong.

WhiskeyBent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Might be hard to make out in the photo, but those are brown chelseas. They work perfectly fine with jeans, and are quite versatile.

DSC00058.jpg

Sir, what kind of jeans are those? I am a fan.

TallEd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent
Sir, what kind of jeans are those? I am a fan.

Kidding right? those jeans are abominable. Say no to boot cut.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TallEd
Kidding right? those jeans are abominable. Say no to boot cut.

Screw you. No one cares if YOU don't like boot cut. While I dont wear these jeans any more, I'm probably wearing them better than your straight leg or tapered variety.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screw you. No one cares if YOU don't like boot cut. While I dont wear these jeans any more, I'm probably wearing them better than your straight leg or tapered variety.

No, screw you. Those are ugly-ass jeans. Ugly prefades, ugly fit, ugly silhouette, and ugly transition to the boots. I've seen a few instances of boot cut done well (it tended to be a subtler flare); those jeans are awful, and you aren't wearing them well.

word

Reaction score
omg @ vest button issue

sf you're slacking

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent
In case you didn't already know, I really have no sense of what works and what doesn't. I found a pair of these Cole Haan Derby boots at S.A. for $10, so I bought them. They're a little worn, but after a leather polish and shine, I think they'll look like new. Anyhow, I was wondering if these would go well with a pair of dark wash jeans and maybe a button down? It seems to me like a pair of black shoes would be the way to go with darker jeans, but I don't really know what I'm talking about. Just curious on your all's opinions. Thanks.

Here's a link to the boots (I know, Cole Haan isn't S.F. approved, but they were $10)

http://www.bluefly.com/Cole-Haan-bro...901/detail.fly

Ignoring the girls' namecalling above and getting back to the OP, yes. I'm sat at my desk in a pair of chestnut RM Williams craftsmen chelseas and dark jeans as I type. And there's an anti-black shoe thing on SF, at least amongst the Yanks. So long as the jeans are dark enough, black's fine and maybe a bit dressier for an evening.

WhiskeyBent

Reaction score

Care to tell me what jeans they are?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads