• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown brogued boot suggestions?

Curious_George

Reaction score
I've been looking to order some Stows from Pediwear soon, but did anyone notice they seemed to have raised their non-vat taxed price by about 4 pounds? Last week I was looking at 204 pounds for the Stow and now it's 208, yet the regular price is 239 with 15% VAT tax. Is my math off or are they not deducting VAT correctly now?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VAT rate changed recently I believe.

Curious_George

Reaction score
It changed to 15%, but I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was deducting it from the total when I should have been adding it to the base. I guess since Pediwear wants to keep the regular price at 239 they've had to increase the base by 4 to make up for the lower tax. Still kind of sucks for those of us who don't pay the VAT but it makes sense.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waffling over $6 on a $300 boot?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Am I mistaken or don't they look anything like the ones posted on the pediwear site (color-wise)?
Could be post some more pics of the boots from all angles?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schnurretiger
Am I mistaken or don't they look anything like the ones posted on the pediwear site (color-wise)?
Could be post some more pics of the boots from all angles?

I think Pediwear only carry the Cedar Calf rather than the Brown Calf. The Cedar is more a caramel mid brown.

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
That might be true. So your've got the brown calf ones with a leather sole? Still, more pics appreciated.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That might be true. So your've got the brown calf ones with a leather sole? Still, more pics appreciated.

Brown calf, but still Dainite Sole - more pictures to follow.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two more from the mobile phone (whilst worn). If you want any particular angles shout.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Aldens right now but am open to being swayed by other suggestions.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I presume you are paying full retail for those Aldens, if that is the case I would prefer the Riders or CJ Skyes (if you can find them)
rbwb2-bombay1.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I presume you are paying full retail for those Aldens, if that is the case I would prefer the Riders

rbwb2-bombay1.jpg

Very nice looking boots!

skiwebster

Reaction score
I just got the Aldens a few weeks ago. So far I really like them. Pretty dark in person, about the same as the picture. Thus, my vote is for the Aldens. Of course, I like supporting American companies which my decision a lot easier when I began looking for boots.

FWIW, I ended up getting mine from J. Gilbert in Seattle. Alden of Carmel was sold out of my size but J. Gilbert had them in stock. They are on the Barrie last, so I sized down a half size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads