1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

BrooksStorm Short Town Coat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by theotherbob, Dec 10, 2012.

1. theotherbob

theotherbob New Member

Hello,

I recently purchased the BrooksStorm Short Town Coat and probably should have asked for some advice before doing so. I wear a 41R suit but they only had 42R in stock.

Is it practical or feasible to alter this thing?

The length stops right above my knees. The jacket stops halfway down my thumb with my arms to my side. The shoulder seams rest just off the edge of my actual shoulders. I think I can live with the length but the rest seems to need a good tailor.

I don't plan on wearing it with a suit jacket all of the time and would like for it to be sized a bit larger for that scenario. Maybe that's another mistake.

I appreciate any help,

Bob

PS - working on a photo (if that really matters) but can't get enough light for a good picture in a mirror.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Brook...?dwvar_032L_Color=BLCK&contentpos=8&cgid=0222

2. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

Hi There,

I have one of these coats as well. While I am not an expert when it comes to tailoring, I have read elsewhere that major alterations to these coats may be problematic due to the way the fabric is constructed (it has a waterproof membrane incorporated into it). With mine, I did take it in to get the sleeve length adjusted, but that was it. That being said, if you took it into a good tailor, they may be able to tell you right away whether or not it's something they can work with.

Good luck; I really like the coat. Hope it works out for you.