• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks & Mezlan Formal Shoes 10/11 + BB Blazer 42R

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I scored some good stuff yesterday. Some of it fit, a few things didn't. Wish I'd gotten there earlier. First up is a pair of Brooks Brothers made in England formal pumps, in size 10E. They're worn, but in good shape. Some creasing on the toebox and one scuff, which is on the underside of the upper (does that make sense? It's below the swell of the foot). The scuff is maybe 7 mm long and 2 or 3 wide, and it isn't discolored, just not "patenty". And as I mentioned, if you're looking down at the shoes, it's below the swell, so it isn't really visible. Overall their in excellent shape, I found them with the original trees in, and the guy had Alden shoe polish, so he knew what he was up to. I'd rate the condition 8/10, beautiful pair of shoes. $75 including shipping and original shoe trees.
pumps1.jpg
pumps2.jpg
pumps3.jpg
pumps4.jpg
pumps5.jpg
Next is a pair of Mezlan lace-up oxford style formal shoes, these are size 11W. Another beautiful pair of shoes, these ones are simple tuxedo shoes with a bit of satin (not too shiny) across the side so you don't look like a security guard. These have also been worn, but aren't showing any creases or damage worth mentioning. Condition is 9/10, another wonderful pair of shoes. Call them $60 including shipping and original trees.
mezlan1.jpg
mezlan2.jpg
mezlan3.jpg
mezlan4.jpg
Finally this size 43R Brooks Brothers Made in the USA double-breasted blue blazer. Metal buttons, great condition, no flaws, and it's a true 43R. I can't find my tape, so I had to measure with a yardstick, but the chest seems to be a true 43, measuring around 44 inches or so (this is confirmed by it being about an inch big for my own 42" chest). The sleeves are ~23" measured along the top from the shoulder seam, the back is ~31" along the center seam, measured from the base of the collar. Center vented, $30 including shipping.
brooks.jpg

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey, how about this... I'm a nice fella, why don't I knock five bucks off of those shoe prices?

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you want both pairs of shoes (which I presume are about the same fit, as they belonged to the same man), I will sell both for $100.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Both formal shoes for $80, including shipping, in the Good Old US of A.

I've also got this Brioni sportcoat I'm going to put up once I get some decent pictures taken (and as you can tell from my pictures above, decent is the best you'll get in that department).

Oh, and $25, including shipping for the BB blazer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads