Brooks Makers vs. Golden Fleece MTM

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by otis, Feb 22, 2005.

1. otis

otis Well-Known Member

Is anyone familiar with the Brooks "makers" MTM suits? I recently recently received a brochure in the mail talking about Brooks MTM options: Golden Fleece (Martin Greenfield -excellent) and Makers (I think these might be Southwick?).

I'm curious about the quality, price, options compared to the Greenfield suits. I got my first Martin Greenfield through Brooks a couple of months ago and it is great, but I'm curious about the other options since I need to balance my quality/quantity of new suits right now (I'd rather have fewer, better suits, but I'd also like to have enough so I don't wear out the ones I've got). Considering the Greenfield suits start at about $1100 through Brooks during their bi-annual sales events, I'm guessing the Makers MTM can't be much less.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

The Makers line is fused. It will probably be like the 1818 line in terms of construction. Better off paying the extra $200 for a Greenfield.

3. Horace

Horace Senior member

I don't know what the Makers line is like now, but during the old(er) Brooks, the Makers line was top quality, made in their "own workrooms".