• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers ?

crazyjackdavis

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a Brooks Brothers 1818 Regent charcoal sharkskin suit.
Any thoughts on this suit?

Also, what are the better sales at Brooks Brothers - they're offering a $400 off a second suit sale right now w/15% off first purchase w/a charge card. Is that a fairly good deal, or can I find better deals?

Thanks!

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Do you want to buy a second suit? Do you need your suit in a hurry? They have 25 percent off sales periodically.

I think the FF is Sept 24ish

greyinla

Reaction score
It's a nice suit. As Doc suggested, they have 25% off sales a couple of times a year, so there are other opportunities to save. But if you need/want a second suit, and they'll give you the 15% off on top, then for two $1000 1818s it should work out to about $680 a suit. That's not bad.

Something else to consider is that they have quite a few of last season's suits on sale for 698, so you can still get the $400 off on those if they can get you one in your size. If you like that sharkskin, there is also an officially black/white pindot regent that is effectively charcoal colored still floating about...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads