1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david135, Jun 5, 2005.

1. david135

david135 Active Member

I was just wondering what you guys think about Brooks Brothers, the quality and fitting etc. ANy input would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in Advance

2. gardel

gardel Well-Known Member

Their Semi-Annual Sale starts Monday, June 6, so the timing of your question is good.

I have a few of their buttondown shirts, which are classic and good quality, but can't speak of anything else. The regular ones are too baggy for my taste as I am slim but the trim fit ones fit me pretty nicely. Mine are made in the USA. They are regularly $59.50 each but during the sale they are three for $114.

3. novalis

novalis Senior member

Do a search on both StyleForum and AskAndy - there have been numerous threads on Brooks made to measure suits, shirts and RTW suits.

4. Horace

Horace Senior member

Novalis is right of course. But I'd just add very quickly that: after a decade or more of really bad design and quality, Brooks is making some come back. I doubt that the Brethern will ever return to that bastion of understated, high-quality, good-taste at a reasonable price. But the Oxford clothbutton-down shirts (USA-make), repp ties, socks, shoes, and most of the suits are good quality. I was impressed with the 3 button (rolled to two) suits made by Southwick in navy and grey. One of the best deals around for a good quality, reasonably priced traditional suit. (Not to be confused with the Brooks copy that reads "traditional" 3 button -- which isn't at all traditional, at least in the pantheon of Brooks). My only suggestion is to find a Brooks that has tailors who've been working there for a long time. Most of their seasonable items (madras and seersucker) are a disappointment: the quality and style isn't very good.

5. KenR

KenR Member

I agree with Horace.  The Marks & Spencer era is thankfully being put to rest.  Having been a Brooks customer since the late 70's I have seen a lot of change go on behind those iron doors.  Things are looking up.

6. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up on the sale; I grabbed three of the dress shirts last evening after work. One blue, one white, one blue/white narrow stripe.