• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brooks Brothers

david135

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys think about Brooks Brothers, the quality and fitting etc. ANy input would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in Advance

gardel

Reaction score
Their Semi-Annual Sale starts Monday, June 6, so the timing of your question is good.

I have a few of their buttondown shirts, which are classic and good quality, but can't speak of anything else. The regular ones are too baggy for my taste as I am slim but the trim fit ones fit me pretty nicely. Mine are made in the USA. They are regularly $59.50 each but during the sale they are three for $114.

novalis

Reaction score
Do a search on both StyleForum and AskAndy - there have been numerous threads on Brooks made to measure suits, shirts and RTW suits.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do a search on both StyleForum and AskAndy - there have been numerous threads on Brooks made to measure suits, shirts and RTW suits.
Novalis is right of course. But I'd just add very quickly that: after a decade or more of really bad design and quality, Brooks is making some come back. I doubt that the Brethern will ever return to that bastion of understated, high-quality, good-taste at a reasonable price. But the Oxford clothbutton-down shirts (USA-make), repp ties, socks, shoes, and most of the suits are good quality. I was impressed with the 3 button (rolled to two) suits made by Southwick in navy and grey. One of the best deals around for a good quality, reasonably priced traditional suit. (Not to be confused with the Brooks copy that reads "traditional" 3 button -- which isn't at all traditional, at least in the pantheon of Brooks). My only suggestion is to find a Brooks that has tailors who've been working there for a long time. Most of their seasonable items (madras and seersucker) are a disappointment: the quality and style isn't very good.

KenR

Reaction score
I agree with Horace.  The Marks & Spencer era is thankfully being put to rest.  Having been a Brooks customer since the late 70's I have seen a lot of change go on behind those iron doors.  Things are looking up.

johnw86

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up on the sale; I grabbed three of the dress shirts last evening after work. One blue, one white, one blue/white narrow stripe.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.