• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers suits 2 for $1.6k, good deal?

bubblegum

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers is selling 2 suits (1818) for $1600. One can stand to save perhaps $300-500 off regular price. Is this a good deal for BB suits? I am in no hurry for suits, so I can wait, do they run bigger sales?
I have a corporate account, so I can save like 15%, but this only be used on regular priced items. Does this mean no corporate savings if one take advantage of the 2 for 1.6k deal?

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Which suits?

----edit---
Oh, I failed to notice that you mentioned 1818. I got an 1818 Fitzgerald two weeks ago for $6xx and there are many to choose from on the clearance page of the BB website for between $400 and $800. And of course the going price on the used market is usually at least half of that, though buyer beware.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$800/suit and its not even golden fleece! Someone here on the forum is selling a RLPL for close to that price. Don't buy them...

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you have dire need of suits, don't do it. They have Buy One Get One sales a couple times a year, and if it's a suit that goes on clearance then it ends up being 40-50% off.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got mine NWT RLPL Solid Navy 40R from ebay For $700

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would pass. That's not a good deal at all for the 1818 suits. You can find much better deals here on the B&S forum.

billsayers

Reaction score
I agree that the two suits for $1,600 is not the best deal BB offers.

They have semi-annual 25% off sales but I think they stop offering the two for $1,600 offer at that time...meaning you don't get an additional 25% off the special price. The best price is their after-Christmas sale where they take 30% off the suits.

Regarding the replies that state one could get better deals on B&S, it is true if you are patient enough and find a suit your size and to your liking pop up. However, if you are a size 36S, you will wait forever...I know this all too well.

DStew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bubblegum
Brooks Brothers is selling 2 suits (1818) for $1600. One can stand to save perhaps $300-500 off regular price. Is this a good deal for BB suits? I am in no hurry for suits, so I can wait, do they run bigger sales?
I have a corporate account, so I can save like 15%, but this only be used on regular priced items. Does this mean no corporate savings if one take advantage of the 2 for 1.6k deal?

The 1818 suits were 500-600$ a piece last month (after christmas sale). So 2 for 1600 is a rotten deal.

I like them at 500$ but as others have mentioned, at 800$, you can buy much better stuff.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait til March 16th if BB suits are what you're after. It'll be a corporate sale. And if I'm not mistaken, you will be able to get 2 for one potentially. A nice SA told me about this. I know for sure that that weekend will give a 25% off sale with corporate card and an additional 15% if you use a Brooks card.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard 1818 sale price seems to be 2 for $1200, sometimes with a BB card kicker on top. I bought a few at 2 for $1000 a couple of years ago, but I have not seen that one again. They will likely be down to $500 or less each at some point, but sizes and styles will be limited.

bubblegum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
Wait til March 16th if BB suits are what you're after. It'll be a corporate sale. And if I'm not mistaken, you will be able to get 2 for one potentially. A nice SA told me about this. I know for sure that that weekend will give a 25% off sale with corporate card and an additional 15% if you use a Brooks card.

Sounds good. I shall wait

shonuf323

Reaction score
Check the clearance section often, two years ago I got a 1818 Regent for $170 during the semi-annual sale.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billsayers
I agree that the two suits for $1,600 is not the best deal BB offers.

They have semi-annual 25% off sales but I think they stop offering the two for $1,600 offer at that time...meaning you don't get an additional 25% off the special price. The best price is their after-Christmas sale where they take 30% off the suits.

Regarding the replies that state one could get better deals on B&S, it is true if you are patient enough and find a suit your size and to your liking pop up. However, if you are a size 36S, you will wait forever...I know this all too well.

I'm in the same boat. A 36s suit is difficult to find and a sale one is rarer than Atlantis.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bubblegum

Actually you can. Their Brooksbuys are regular prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads