Brooks Brothers suits 2 for $1.6k, good deal?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bubblegum, Feb 20, 2011.

1. bubblegum

bubblegum Member

Brooks Brothers is selling 2 suits (1818) for $1600. One can stand to save perhaps $300-500 off regular price. Is this a good deal for BB suits? I am in no hurry for suits, so I can wait, do they run bigger sales?
    I have a corporate account, so I can save like 15%, but this only be used on regular priced items. Does this mean no corporate savings if one take advantage of the 2 for 1.6k deal?

2. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Senior member

Which suits?

----edit---
    Oh, I failed to notice that you mentioned 1818. I got an 1818 Fitzgerald two weeks ago for $6xx and there are many to choose from on the clearance page of the BB website for between $400 and $800. And of course the going price on the used market is usually at least half of that, though buyer beware.

3. HalfCanvas

HalfCanvas Senior member

That barely qualifies as a sale.

4. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

$800/suit and its not even golden fleece! Someone here on the forum is selling a RLPL for close to that price. Don't buy them...

5. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Unless you have dire need of suits, don't do it. They have Buy One Get One sales a couple times a year, and if it's a suit that goes on clearance then it ends up being 40-50% off.

6. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

I got mine NWT RLPL Solid Navy 40R from ebay For $700

7. btinl

btinl Senior member

I would pass. That's not a good deal at all for the 1818 suits. You can find much better deals here on the B&S forum.

8. billsayers

billsayers Senior member

I agree that the two suits for $1,600 is not the best deal BB offers.

They have semi-annual 25% off sales but I think they stop offering the two for $1,600 offer at that time...meaning you don't get an additional 25% off the special price. The best price is their after-Christmas sale where they take 30% off the suits.

Regarding the replies that state one could get better deals on B&S, it is true if you are patient enough and find a suit your size and to your liking pop up. However, if you are a size 36S, you will wait forever...I know this all too well.

9. DStew

DStew Well-Known Member

Brooks Brothers is selling 2 suits (1818) for $1600. One can stand to save perhaps $300-500 off regular price. Is this a good deal for BB suits? I am in no hurry for suits, so I can wait, do they run bigger sales?
    I have a corporate account, so I can save like 15%, but this only be used on regular priced items. Does this mean no corporate savings if one take advantage of the 2 for 1.6k deal?

The 1818 suits were 500-600$ a piece last month (after christmas sale). So 2 for 1600 is a rotten deal.

I like them at 500$ but as others have mentioned, at 800$, you can buy much better stuff.

10. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Wait til March 16th if BB suits are what you're after. It'll be a corporate sale. And if I'm not mistaken, you will be able to get 2 for one potentially. A nice SA told me about this. I know for sure that that weekend will give a 25% off sale with corporate card and an additional 15% if you use a Brooks card.

11. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Standard 1818 sale price seems to be 2 for $1200, sometimes with a BB card kicker on top. I bought a few at 2 for $1000 a couple of years ago, but I have not seen that one again. They will likely be down to $500 or less each at some point, but sizes and styles will be limited.

12. bubblegum

bubblegum Member

Wait til March 16th if BB suits are what you're after. It'll be a corporate sale. And if I'm not mistaken, you will be able to get 2 for one potentially. A nice SA told me about this. I know for sure that that weekend will give a 25% off sale with corporate card and an additional 15% if you use a Brooks card.

Sounds good. I shall wait

13. shonuf323

shonuf323 Active Member

Check the clearance section often, two years ago I got a 1818 Regent for $170 during the semi-annual sale.

14. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I agree that the two suits for $1,600 is not the best deal BB offers.

They have semi-annual 25% off sales but I think they stop offering the two for $1,600 offer at that time...meaning you don't get an additional 25% off the special price. The best price is their after-Christmas sale where they take 30% off the suits.

Regarding the replies that state one could get better deals on B&S, it is true if you are patient enough and find a suit your size and to your liking pop up. However, if you are a size 36S, you will wait forever...I know this all too well.

I'm in the same boat. A 36s suit is difficult to find and a sale one is rarer than Atlantis.

15. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Actually you can. Their Brooksbuys are regular prices.