• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Slim Fit Chinos (Red Fleece)

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the new Slim Fit Chinos (Red Fleece) from Brooks Brothers? I have a pair of Milano that fit nicely. The new slim fit chinos are most casual are slimmer fitting and a tighter crouch. I tried my actual size and the waist was very tight. I didn't feel comfortable with the pants and tucking in a shirt. Is it suggested to buy true to your since the pants may expand? Or is it best to get what is comfortable with chinos?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have insight?

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Milano and Red Fleece and I think the Milano have a slimmer cut. I would definitely not buy a tight waste as they tend to shrink a bit after a few washes. Buy a comfortable size and have a tailor take them in if need be but I like my Red Fleece better than my Milanos.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have Milano and Red Fleece and I think the Milano have a slimmer cut. I would definitely not buy a tight waste as they tend to shrink a bit after a few washes. Buy a comfortable size and have a tailor take them in if need be but I like my Red Fleece better than my Milanos.
Thanks for the response. I agree and disagree. The milano are a straighter slimmer cut. The Red Fleece are tighter in the crouch and in the legs. How long have you had your red fleece for? Also, Milano are more formal than the Red Fleece.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got other feedback?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads