• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers shirts vulnerable to sweat/deodorant?

ecuguru

Reaction score
First time poster, hope it's in the right arena.

I've got some brooks brothers button downs (the normal slim fit shirts) and a few of them (have had them for about a year or two) are all but ruined with giant sweat or deodorant stains around the armpit.

It only seems to be the brooks shirts this is happening too. I've got other button downs from regular department stores, and they're not staining in the same way.

Anyone have any advice on how to remove the stains, or prevent them in the first place? I picked up some other BB shirts, and swapped deodorant to one that claims to prevent staining, but we'll see. I guess I could goto the undershirt look, but never really cared for it.

Was tempted to try swapping shirts to something like charles tyrwhitt and see if they did any better, but maybe overthinking it.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stains are usually caused by antiperspirant not deodorant (the difference being one keeps you dry while the other just covers up odors). The non-staining one might work, but a product labelled as deodorant only should do the job as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads