Brooks Brothers shirts sizing - help please!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by radicaldog, Mar 7, 2009.

1. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

I have some fairly recent BB button down shirts in size 15.5-33. The collar fits me, the sleeve-length is OK, but the shoulders are too big. I'd make them about half an inch narrower on each side. I also have a pretty old 15-R BB ocbd: while the collar is a bit too snug, the shoulders fit me OK.

Now, would ordering a 15.5-32 solve my problem? In other words, does the body get smaller as the shoulder/sleeve size gets smaller, or do they just make the sleeve shorter?

Thanks!

2. boo

boo Senior member

Assuming that you're currently wearing the regular fit shirt, switching to a luxury fit will give you a slightly narrower shoulder. I don't believe changing sleeve size will make a difference, though I can't say definitively.

3. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Sorry, I should've specified that my 15-33 shirts are slim fit. Not very slim on me, but that's ok, as it's a bd after all. I just want the shoulder seams to be where they need to be.

4. afreegreek

afreegreek Well-Known Member

you need to order the extra slim.. narrower body and shoulder yolk for each neck size..

5. FLW

FLW Senior member

^ This

I have the opposite issue. ESF fits my torso fine but the shoulder seams nearly pop if I cross my arms. Went to slim fit and the problem seemed to go away.