• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks brothers shirt sale (2 for $99)

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good deal for OCBDs that is,I wouldn't buy any other shirts.

1wb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
SEC is running their BB suit sale as well
Wired-Collection.jpg

Extreme lolz. Fantastic.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
A little OT, but are the non-iron white shirts any less see-through than their iron-needed counterparts? I want to stock up on ESF whites if so, especially since they're available with the smaller collar (vs. the pinpoint white regular cotton ESF shirt).

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
question

the non-iron shirts are more "see-through" than the regular ones?

im looking to purchase 2 extra slim fits and 2 slim fits (esf doesnt have my style_)

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NachoBroadway
I picked up 2 ESF in their last sale, uncomfortable shirt imo, very thin & stiff fabric.

I'll wait for Nordstrom's Mens sale after Christmas for these;
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3092096?...6-60131082-0-2

How do those compare to Brooks ESF? I'd be really interested to compare the measurements for identical sizes. I'm sure it's covered in the Definitive Guide to Slim Shirts, but that thread is a behemoth.

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Same here. Shoulders were too tight, while the waist area was too blousy. I figured the ESF was for skinny people and not in-shape people with low BMI.

The problem is they're slimmer, but still have box pleats, which are meant to accommodate a straight or paunchy body type, not v tapered athletic builds because of all the extra material at the waist.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
I think we can expect 3 for $150 + extra 15% off on December 25th (online) and 26th (online + instore). I haven't shopped Brooks Brothers (or, really, anywhere) in a while, but my understanding is that we'll see 3 for $127.50 then.

edit: on staple colors, etc. -- not just the oddball shirts.

We'll see. My memory is the stacking discount low prices that you get at FF, Xmas, etc., begin with the 3 for $199 everyday value price and go down to the 3 for $150 ballpark.

JMP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken
FYI, if you call your local BB store, they will ship to you for free (or at least that is what my ATL store did).
This is true for 346 Madison... For 15 1/2 33, they are sold out of most staples, but my associate said that they should ship earliest as Friday.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Topgoon
Yes! But the price is 2 for $109.

Unfortunately, they don't have non-iron extra slim shirts.

that's still a steal... snuck out from work today to grab 3 ESF shirts.

Darn, I'm nowhere near downtown Toronto today. Oh well, there will be another 2 for $109 deal down the road.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 months ago, I noticed the Nordstrom's "Tailored Fit" was not as slim as the shirt I bought last winter.

I hate see-through shirts.
If the BB ESF cloth is crap, I will return it.
I ordered 4 BB ESF shirts.

I have gutted my weekly rotation down to a few select slim/tailored dress shirts.
They fit right, and I get a ton of weekly wear from it, and will toss when dirty/torn.
I now treat dress shirts as disposable, b/c they are easily replaceable with a $10 sewing job.
Knowing how to alter any badly fitting **** is part of this.

Now that I know exactly what to tell my seamstress, I am not overly concerned with finding slim fit shirts. I found an generic unopened 16x32 shirt in my closet from a few years ago. Figure $15-$20. I had it tapered to all hell. The sleeves are almost TOO tight. It is probably more slim than an OTR slim fit. As someone said above, if they have box pleats, it makes it harder, and sort of necessitates darts for the right fit. This is something I need to get more practice with.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
Darn, I'm nowhere near downtown Toronto today. Oh well, there will be another 2 for $109 deal down the road.

They ship to Canada. $100 for the shirts, $20 for shipping. No tax. If customs let the package through it is cheaper then buying in store.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
How do those compare to Brooks ESF? I'd be really interested to compare the measurements for identical sizes. I'm sure it's covered in the Definitive Guide to Slim Shirts, but that thread is a behemoth.

this.

hatguy

Reaction score
^^^this, would also want to know how nordstrom trim fit compares to bb esf

steezy

Reaction score
Is the general consensus that dress shirts will be cheaper closer to Christmas or after?

If that's the case I don't mind waiting until Boxing Day to pick up some shirts. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads