1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Semi-Annual Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JP5, Jul 1, 2010.

1. JP5

JP5 New Member

Are there any truly outstanding deals in this sale?

The prices on shirts and pants do not appear to be particularly compelling. Prices seemed better during the Friends & Family sale a little while back.

2. RyanAnderson

RyanAnderson Well-Known Member

Prices on shirts are pretty good. 3 for 159 comes out to $53 each - not going to do much better than that.

Suits on the other hand you can get for cheaper.

3. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Well-Known Member

Prices on shirts are pretty good. 3 for 159 comes out to $53 each - not going to do much better than that.

Suits on the other hand you can get for cheaper.

Be careful not to put in a corporate discount though. I tried it and they charged me more. They just gave me the corporate discount from the standard price rather than the sale price (which was less).

4. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

the only truly good deal to be had are the shell cordovan shoes.

Everything else is just meh, mhem[​IMG]

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

I bought some shoe polish and some of the Milano fit chinos. I was going to buy some ribbon belts, but they sold too fast.

6. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

whoever runs brooks' online warehouse / shipping should be taken out and shot at first light.

i ordered at the weekend and it's still sitting there. i called and they said it would be at least 10 days before it moves.

also the idea of charging more for shipping - the more you spend - is crazy.

maybe they are trying to bring back the ambience of retail in the 1930s.

7. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

C&J ginger suede oxfords for 40% off was a good deal.

8. airportlobby

airportlobby Well-Known Member

Yeah, a good time to buy shell Alden loafers. Tempting.

9. phillyesq

phillyesq Well-Known Member

whoever runs brooks' online warehouse / shipping should be taken out and shot at first light.

i ordered at the weekend and it's still sitting there. i called and they said it would be at least 10 days before it moves.

also the idea of charging more for shipping - the more you spend - is crazy.

maybe they are trying to bring back the ambience of retail in the 1930s.

They've had problems with that this year. My Dad purchased a suit on the first day of the sale, and they sent him the jacket without pants. He contacted them immediately and still hasn't heard back from them.

A lot of the deals are pretty lackluster this year, especially compared to last year. Had I known, I would have stocked up with the 40% off the week before father's day rather than wait until the semi-annual.

10. slappy

slappy Well-Known Member

Yea I made the same mistake. I didn't buy a Cordovan belt the week before the sale when it was around $100. I bought one yesterday for 140-150 and it's not even going to ship until August 8th.

11. gogators

gogators Well-Known Member

Yea I made the same mistake. I didn't buy a Cordovan belt the week before the sale when it was around $100. I bought one yesterday for 140-150 and it's not even going to ship until August 8th.
    If it makes you feel better, I ordered the cordovan belt during the 40% sale and it's not scheduled to ship till August either.

12. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see that BB has whiskey shell LHS loafers at the 346 Madison store. I had no idea that Alden produced whiskey shell for BB until I saw the shoes there today, and they're 25% off for the semi-annual sale.

13. nmprisons

nmprisons Well-Known Member

Just bought a pair of C&J made brown monkstraps for $ 244, which seems pretty steller to me.

14. stant62

stant62 Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see that BB has whiskey shell LHS loafers at the 346 Madison store. I had no idea that Alden produced whiskey shell for BB until I saw the shoes there today, and they're 25% off for the semi-annual sale.

If it's the same pair I saw on the table by the shirts, I think those are faded #8's.

15. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

If it's the same pair I saw on the table by the shirts, I think those are faded #8's.
    No, they had more of them in the shoe department. I saw those by the shirt table and wondered about that, but then I saw more in the shoe department.

16. VaderDave

VaderDave Well-Known Member

They had a blue blazer (Fitzgerald fit) for sale at 30 percent off. I just happened to ask about it--there were no signs or labels advertising that fact. There might be other things on sale that aren't marked, depending on the store.

17. RyJ Maduro

RyJ Maduro Well-Known Member

The Brooks outlet sale was crazy today... picked up a polo, a pair of patchwork madras trousers (main line, not 346,) a pair of socks, and a few boxers for under $100.

18. Fourier

Fourier Member

19. gregor

gregor Well-Known Member

I got a nice tie and pocket square for a relatively good price, I was happy with the sale.

20. ramuman

ramuman Well-Known Member

I picked these up for well less than the sale price. Pretty happy with them: [​IMG]