• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers sales

NYCniceguy

Reaction score
I saw a dress shirt at Brooks Brothers that I would like to buy, but it was $168 plus tax, which is too much for a shirt in my book. I believe it was in the "luxury" slim fit category.

Does Brooks Brothers have regular sales where a shirt like that would be discounted significantly (as in, way under $100), or would I have to wait until clearance?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a friends and family sale coming up in a few days. 25% off everything but cordovan shoes and made to order.

Zach

Reaction score
If you were to buy 2 and use the corporate discount card (15% discount), they would be ~$105 each, which is more reasonable. If purchased at the F & F sale, the discount would be even better.

I haven't purchased one of their luxury shirts, although I have 10 of their standard extra slim fit shirts. I think they are a decent value, but I would have a hard time spending the money for BB shirts at the luxury price. It seems like an MTM outfit like Propercloth or Nialma would be a better value at that price point.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or go the TM Lewin route. If you buy four shirts and apply all the discounts you can get them for around 40-45 per shirt.

NYCniceguy

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid the imaginary "savings" kool-aid and not buy multiple items that I don't need. I just want the shirt that I actually saw and liked.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NYCniceguy
I'm trying to avoid the imaginary "savings" kool-aid and not buy multiple items that I don't need. I just want the shirt that I actually saw and liked.

Then F&F is your best bet. It starts this week I believe...

Grenadier

Reaction score

What do "need" and "StyleForum" have to do with each other?

NYCniceguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Then F&F is your best bet. It starts this week I believe...
$168 - 25% F&F + 8.8% tax = $138 For christs's sakes you can buy Balenciaga at Century 21 for that money.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$168 - 25% F&F + 8.8% tax = $138

For christs's sakes you can buy Balenciaga at Century 21 for that money.

There may be better sales after Christmas, but I don't think they'll get much lower. Unless they go on clearance.

TRA8324

Reaction score

with the upcoming sale it would only be an additional $30...almost worth it just to buy another of the same shirt.

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
Anyone know if the F+F sdiscounts usually apply to online clearance items and items at their Factory outlet stores?

Mountains

Reaction score
$168 - 25% F&F + 8.8% tax = $138

For christs's sakes you can buy Balenciaga at Century 21 for that money.

But not Balenciaga at retail.

*shrug*

Wolfador

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion
Anyone know if the F+F sdiscounts usually apply to online clearance items and items at their Factory outlet stores?
yes and yes to the OP: to get it for under $100 you will probably have to wait for it to go to clearance. They usually drop down to around $67.50. That being said the luxury ones are pretty nice. I just purchased a MTM shirt from the luxury cloth that was $250.

vncrz

Reaction score
Anyone have specific dates for the summer sale, and an idea on what exactly goes on sale and for how much? I want to buy the Peal & Co perforated captoe, but am unsure as to whether get them on wednesday with the friends & family 25% off sale or wait until summer.

Thanks

Wolfador

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vncrz
Anyone have specific dates for the summer sale, and an idea on what exactly goes on sale and for how much? I want to buy the Peal & Co perforated captoe, but am unsure as to whether get them on wednesday with the friends & family 25% off sale or wait until summer.

Thanks

I don't think they have announced it yet but usually it is in June, I think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads