• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Relocating off Fith

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Just got this email. What does it mean?[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]BROOKS BROTHERS IS VERY PROUD OF[/FONT] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]THE DECADE WE HAVE SPENT ON FIFTH AVENUE.[/FONT] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]As of January 26, 2009, we invite you to continue[/FONT] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]your loyal patronage at one of our[/FONT] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]other Manhattan locations.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]-------------------------------------------[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]346 Madison Avenue at 44th Street - Flagship [/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1934 Broadway at 65th Street [/FONT] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]One Liberty Plaza[/FONT] [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]FIND A STORE NEAR YOU[/FONT] [/FONT]

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is shocking. They've been a fixture on 5th for years, sad to see them go.

They're opening a BB on Bleeker in the West Village. It seems so out of place.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw this over at AAAC. Looks like BB is closing the 666 5th Ave location.

I believe the West Village location is going to be a Black Fleece boutique shop.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old news about the Fifth Ave. store closing. I believe the landlord is renting the space to Abercrombie & Fitch
plain.gif

No biggie, I've always found the Fifth Ave. store lacking.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like they are closing the 5th Avenue store. I hadn't heard about this, but it doesn't surprise me. That store always seemed to be less crowded than the Flagship on Madison (which is not that far away).

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Old news about the Fifth Ave. store closing. I believe the landlord is renting the space to Abercrombie & Fitch
plain.gif

ugh, doesn't AF already have a store a few blocks up across from Trump Tower?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kind of knew that it was a store closing as they claim relocating but dont say where they are relocating to.

I didnt expect to hear this from BB.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont see BB as a 5 ave type of store. BB and HF always seem out of place over there.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
I dont see BB as a 5 ave type of store. BB and HF always seem out of place over there.
I really liked seeing a BB on 5th ave. Sure, I'm not a HUGE fan of their stuff but I rather liked seeing their suit offerings in window. It's a lot easier on the eyes than some other places on 5th (Gap, A&F, Armani Exchange, Kenneth Cole, etc.). Definitely added some class IMO.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu

I agree. I never liked the atmosphere in that store. Madison Ave. always seemed truer to the brand.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, didn't we talk about this happening last fall?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 5th Ave. store sucks anyway. Why would anyone go there when they can go to 346? Seems like it was a place for tourists would didn't know about 346.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read an article several months ago about how they and the other tenants in that building (isn't there an NBA store or something) were paying below market rents and the owner was planning to jack up rents when the current tenants leases expired.

I was never a huge fan of that store either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads