1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Perforated Captoe

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 25, 2012.

1. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

Hello All.

I am considering picking up the following shoes in Walnut tomorrow.http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Perfo...d.html?dwvar_MH00024_Color=MDBR&contentpos=23 Can anyone speak to the quality of these shoes? Are they as orange as they look in these photos?

My alternatives, if I didn't buy these, would be the AE Park Avenue in Walnut Cloud: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF270_1_40000000001_-1 Unfortunately, these sell for $355+ in Canada. :( If anyone knows where I can get them for less than this in the GTA, I would like to know.

If the price were equal, I would prefer the AEs, but I don't see how I could justify an extra $80 for them.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you may provide.

2. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Looks like those are the ones made by AE for BB. It is the Fifth Ave. but for BB it is made with a poron insole, dovetail heel and combination sole.

3. jog231

jog231 New Member

I was looking at the same shoe....also, any idea if AE will re-craft them?

4. charliebrown2

charliebrown2 Well-Known Member

As long as the materials needed to re-craft are available, AE will do it (as an AE CSR once told me over the phone...)

5. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.