1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers pants fits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by joegrec, Mar 25, 2011.

1. joegrec

joegrec Senior member

Can anyone give me a good description of the Brooks Brothers pants fits?

I know they have at least 3 different fit lines, the Madison, the Regent, and the Milano.

Can someone tell me how they all fit?

2. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

I know they have at least 3 different fit lines, the Madison, the Regent, and the Milano.

As far as I'm concerned, Milano gives you the slim fit. I don't know about any other.

3. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

they have 4 all of which have descriptions on the website

4. marg

marg Senior member

madison has some variety in the cuts. some will be huge, others can still be slim. i am wearing milano chinos right now, and i have some room to spare in the legs. their newer madison slacks looked painted on when i tried them. unless you have very slim legs, get to a store to try them on before ordering from the website.

5. Little Cletus

Little Cletus Active Member

They have 5. Milano is slimmest.

6. jtatknox

jtatknox Well-Known Member

They will all fit too short if you buy twill in your normal inseam. Had some shrinking problems with two pairs (washed cold water).

7. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

They have 5. Milano is slimmest.

isnt it hudson, clark, milano, elliot. Whats the 5th one.

8. joegrec

joegrec Senior member

what about the dress trousers?

I thinks those have the Regent, Madison and Fitzgerald fit.

Does any one have descriptions on those?

9. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

The new Regent are very tight on me around the crotch. I had to exchange them for Madison which are still tight around the crotch. I've never tried on the Milano but if that's suppose to be slimmer than the Regent then I know I won't fit.

I don't know if the dress pants Regent, Madison, and Fitz are cut the same as the suit pants though.

10. marg

marg Senior member

regent is slimmest, fitz is a slimmer traditional cut (JFK), madison is the fullest. all this is on their website in detail. my earlier point is that, regardless of the name, there can be different cuts within each individual style. 5 different madison pants SHOULD fit the same, but they will all fit differently in my experience. i don't know how this will pertain to regent or fitz.

11. 1901

1901 Member

Curios about this as well. My best-fitting dress pants are from a 39S Fitzgerald Suit. I wonder which variety of wool trousers will be closest to that fit? If I knew I'd buy a few more pair.

12. Little Cletus

Little Cletus Active Member

isnt it hudson, clark, milano, elliot. Whats the 5th one.

Thompson

13. cmacey

cmacey Senior member

The new Regent are very tight on me around the crotch. I had to exchange them for Madison which are still tight around the crotch. I've never tried on the Milano but if that's suppose to be slimmer than the Regent then I know I won't fit.

I don't know if the dress pants Regent, Madison, and Fitz are cut the same as the suit pants though.

Same here...the Madison fit is the only fit that didn't give me a wedgee. Suit trousers are similarly made. The GF suits, I believe, are the exception to this -- mine seem to be roomier than my Madison trousers...

14. agsdad

agsdad Member

I have some Madison pants that fit great but three pairs purchased last fall all had to go back due to short rise, tight crotch. Seems like a pretty basic change of design. There were some complaints of same topic on the BB web site.