• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brooks Brothers or other wool pants

lakerwu

Reaction score
Guys

I've worn chinos for all my working career but want to try something more dress hence thinking of wool pants. I'm looking for wool pants that don't give out too much static in the winter or summer months. Which ones should I consider?

I'm near a Brooks brother outlet which has the 346 line at 2 pants for $179. They are lighter pants for the spring but I would not mind wearing them in winter too as I'm sure they'll be as warm as the Advantage chinos i've been wearing

Any other pants I should consider in-store or online or is BB a fine pair of pants for this price?

Also, how long would these pants typically last in a clean office environment when worn twice a week? And how often do you think I'll need to dry clean them?

Thanks

RingTail

Reaction score
BB is typically good value for your money, something you will also want to consider is fit based on your body type. After trying numerous pants I found Hugo Boss Parkway to my liking as they are trim but not tight. HB does not get much love around here.
I've seen positive comments on Howard Yount.

lakerwu

Reaction score
I have a very slim frame and slim legs - my pants size is 32x34. From your comments, it seems Hugo boss would be perfect for me

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 117 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%