• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers on RueLaLa

dt1027

Reaction score
Just started today, was wondering if anyone had any history of purchasing from the site. I've been looking for a Navy Blazer so I picked this one up (http://goo.gl/Su5DC), unsure about the label though, never seen that kind of BB label before though I'm guessing they sew on a different label to keep people from trying to return in store. I'm sure the price was inflated, but figured what the hell. Anybody have any thoughts?

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dt1027
Just started today, was wondering if anyone had any history of purchasing from the site. I've been looking for a Navy Blazer so I picked this one up (http://goo.gl/Su5DC), unsure about the label though, never seen that kind of BB label before though I'm guessing they sew on a different label to keep people from trying to return in store. I'm sure the price was inflated, but figured what the hell. Anybody have any thoughts?

RueLaLa is a legit competitor to Gilt. I have an account there but I've never bought anything from them. That label looks just fine. Normally it says the name of the model beneath the BB logo, so I'd guess these were made for RueLaLa. $299 is not a particularly great deal, though. I'd wait for a "Two sportcoats for $600" sale and then you can choose among the various fits.

nelly

Reaction score
Just checked it out, frustratingly unimpressed. The suits seem to be simply the lower lines of BB. You'd be better off waiting for a BB semi-annual clearance sale when you can get a 1818 suit for that price.

Side note: these "exclusive" sites need to realize that when you offer inferior products that aren't overruns or out of season items, people can tell. Just like the A. Testoni Basics on Gilt, it only dilutes your brand. That's why real luxury good brands would rather burn their items (LV, Hermes, etc) than try to get greedy.

dt1027

Reaction score
I was afraid of that, might be time to think about canceling the order, I just bought a HSM gold trumpeter for around the same price but thought that this might be a better deal, sounds like maybe it isn't.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But the Golden fleece shirts at $100 apiece seems to be a good buy given that they're rarely discounted in BB website.

nelly

Reaction score
But it seems to be all regular fit shirts, meaning they are completely unwearable without tailoring at more cost.

xudisco07

Reaction score
I have a BB 1818 suit before they went to the Madison, Regent, Fitz, etc. It has a similar tag on the inside. I can't really see BB making suits just for RueLaLa, but I could be wrong.

dt1027

Reaction score
I think someone else said it best, even if it is an 1818, with the 25% sale it isn't that good a deal. Appreciate the help!

Chris

rab6891

Reaction score
I know you are talking about the sport coat, but the suits are on offer for ~500, compared to ~1000 for the 1818 at full retail, no? I realize they might not be 1818 suits, but they do say they are "made in the USA". I do not think the lowest end/"suiting essentials" are made in the usa.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads