1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers needs...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jason.wu.05.09, Apr 27, 2010.

1. jason.wu.05.09

jason.wu.05.09 Senior member

...more colors in their online shirt selection. Really guys, white and blue (and a few pinks)?

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

brooks got to add some edge into their clothes. a little bit of 'either will love it or hate it' type of zing. they are so middling as in style. well, i guess they have black fleece. but still.

3. WRAdvisor

WRAdvisor Senior member

BB has always been like that. That is their bread and butter. Known as a very traditional company, I wouldn't hold my breath on some drastic change to dress shirts. They tend to leave that to Kiton and RL

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

trad, it stands for traditional I believe.

next?

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

BB has always been like that. That is their bread and butter. Known as a very traditional company, I wouldn't hold my breath on some drastic change to dress shirts. They tend to leave that to Kiton and RL

yeah i guess you are right. brooks + bite = RL

however brooks is american. rl is more english looks

6. jason.wu.05.09

Of course they're traditional, but they have made some concessions to the times -- witness the Milano-cut line of suits, for example. I'm just saying I'd like that trend to extend to their dress shirts.

7. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior member

Of course they're traditional, but they have made some concessions to the times -- witness the Milano-cut line of suits, for example. I'm just saying I'd like that trend to extend to their dress shirts.

You can get any color you want MTM.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I think it's actually more of an inventory problem. To offer something online they need to make sure it's in stock at the warehouse and probably available for a while. They probably have a lot more options but just in store because they'd rather you go to a store where you can try it on, be upsold by the SA's, etc.

9. dropout5

dropout5 Senior member

if you include their luxury line, they have some less "boring" offerings as well.

10. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

BB needs a lot more than fixing their shirt colors.

I do own purple and orange BB shirts, so cant knock them for that. Their suits though [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. zizou

zizou Well-Known Member

shoulder pleats on dress shirts instead of box pleats.

12. thoogsby

thoogsby Senior member

..to make the extra slim cut in non-iron.

13. jason.wu.05.09

Hear hear!

And I know they have more colors in store, but it kills me, I live in a college town without a Brooks Brothers (and no transportation!).

14. WRAdvisor

WRAdvisor Senior member

+1 above. The extra slim fit is one of the best decisions BB has recently made. It's a great shirt!

15. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

... to implement some QC on their Cordovan shoes or to have some stock on hand to replace your defective non-QC'd Cordovan shoes.

16. jabreal00

jabreal00 Senior member

Their slim non-iron is still too boxy. I bought four non-iron slim shirts this year and had to take all to the tailor to take in the sides and sleeves.

17. spudnik99

spudnik99 Senior member

a Made in the USA trad "store within a store". All the archival classics rotated through every couple of years (peach OCBD, Polo and Winchester overcoats, tweed sack suits, etc.). Call it the "Makers" shop. Offer this at 346 Madison, SF, LA, Chicago, Boston, Altanta, maybe Dallas.

Also, I'd dump Black Fleece in favor of offering more quality items (like RL Purple Label) via Golden Fleece. Make Golden Fleece another "store within a store". Offer this as above.

Well done Trad and well done European tailoring are very distinctive styles that cut through the vast sea of shoddy blandness that is men's clothing.

18. Pei Hide

Pei Hide Active Member

BB should expand all their lines to include slimmer fit. I really like their extra slim shirts. I wish they carry more trousers in slimmer size.

19. anon

anon Senior member

shoulder pleats on dress shirts instead of box pleats.
    true