• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers MTM shirts?

Ennius

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

BB is having 20% off on their MTM shirts. Anyone here have experience with their MTM shirts? any color or guidance appreciated. I guess my alternative CEGO which I like but never hurts to get a couple solid places.

Grenadier

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers' MTM program is fairly solid. Be sure to order three or more to get the 25% off (plus an additional 20% it appears). Avoid the non-iron fabrics. Do not get the Thomas Mason fabrics, as these are overpriced at Brooks Brothers.

Millerp

Reaction score
Brooks produces a very well constructed MTM shirt, but if you are at all hard to fit or want a style specifically made for you, you will likely find CEGO (which approaches bespoke) more satisfactory.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Gents,

BB is having 20% off on their MTM shirts.  Anyone here have experience with their MTM shirts?  any color or guidance appreciated.  I guess my alternative CEGO which I like but never hurts to get a couple solid places.

I don't see the 20% on the website..........is this in-store only?

I've been meaning to try their MTM as well and this would be a great incentive to do so.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't see the 20% on the website..........is this in-store only?

I've been meaning to try their MTM as well and this would be a great incentive to do so.

There's a huge logo advertising it right in the middle of the website.

20% off when you do 3 or more dress shirts.

Ennius

Reaction score
Thanks Gents.

It sounds like the sale then is only a total of 20% off but that still is good for MTM, I think.

I am a bit tough to fit shirtwise - broad in the shoulders and relatively short arms. OTR shirtwise I am probably 17-33 but then the shoulders are a bit tight and the neck is a bit loose.

Any suggestions how to tell if they can fit me reasonably before actually putting down the money? Will the BB guy be able to tell me if it doesnt make sense?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the discount requires you to make a first time order of several shirts, be wary.

Best to make one first, see how it fits, and then get more based on inevitable tweaks to the pattern. That's how CEGO has done it for me.

So the BB discount may be no bargain.

Ennius

Reaction score
mack-

that is a great point. Trust needs to be earned, and if they miss, I want them to miss small.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've purchased a BB made to measure shirt. The shirt is fine and definitely fits better than their off the rack shirts, but I would definitely do CEGO over them if I was in NYC.

Ennius

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback. Looks like I will go back with CEGO....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads