• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

brooks brothers leather jackets

theguy

Reaction score
Im looking to get my first leather jacket. Im willing to spend up to $700, but spending less is always a good option.
Let me just state I know jack about leather jackets.
I was in the mall today doing some holiday shopping and figured I would look in a couple stores for myself.
nordstroms and bloomingdales both had marc new york (I guess the cheaper brand), they looked mediocre at best. After those stores I went to brooks brothers where they had two jackets

The black leather looked richer then the brown jacket, but I was not crazy about the flap pockets on it.
I did like the pockets on the choc. brown jacket, but wasn't sold on the color.
(the brown jacket was a little drab, in the photo its alot more radiant then in person)

Here are my questions

The bb jackets both retail for $650, but can get them for about $400. Is this a good jacket for the money or are there way better ones I just don't know about?

Do you guys have any recommendations on a similar jacket to the black one but without the flap pockets?

Would the brown one look better with age, then the black one?

I appreciate any help, and I have searched. I have debated getting an aero, but im looking for a thinner and softer leather then horsehide.(I guess lambskin)

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know jack about leather either, but I gotta say the BB jackets look a little, well, dorky to me. Maybe check out J Crew. I have owned two suede jackets from them in the past 15 years or so that have held up quite well.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Brooks Leather Jackets but they aren't worth the retail price.

They are made in China and while they quality to me seems excellent , for the 650 range I would go directly to Aero Leather made in Scotland of some of the nicest leathers.

Check out Aero USA's websites for jackets.

I do like BB Leather at around 300, and they do have some of the nicest lined pockets and other features that make then well designed.

Incidentally, ask Aero what other leathers they have, I remember seeing lighter leathers on the site.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40