• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers LA area question...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
for those in Socal, do the downtown LA, Beverly Hills, and SCPlaza Brooks Brothers all carry the same stock, more or less? Which of these stores is the largest - smallest? or are they all the same basically? I've been to the SCP store but not the other 2 and I need to get some stuff for my chick's Xmas gifts and want to go to the store with the largest overall inventory. cheers!

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to the other two you mention, but the DTLA one has an OK selection (not everything on the website can be found in-store) and really bad service. I'd call the store if there are specific items you are looking for.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
we get good service in the women's section at SCP, but the men's section is outright terrible. I was there on black friday looking at their rebadged C&J Weymouths showing the display shoe to my mom for my dad's gift idea and a salesman says he needs it and takes it from us, giving it to some other guy he was helping out. we would have gladly given it to him but the manner in which he took it from us was offputting to say the least.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
we get good service in the women's section at SCP, but the men's section is outright terrible. I was there on black friday looking at their rebadged C&J Weymouths showing the display shoe to my mom for my dad's gift idea and a salesman says he needs it and takes it from us, giving it to some other guy he was helping out. we would have gladly given it to him but the manner in which he took it from us was offputting to say the least.

what a piece of turd! good thing you didn't go kramer on him.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't stepped inside the downtown location, but BH is much better than SCP. A very large selection of a lot of stuff, especially for men. They even carry their white tie and detachable collar stuff.

--Andre

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I can safely say any employee who did something equivalent to that in our store would have been decapitated by some little kid's mother. Most of our customers at EB Games on Black Friday were mothers who were annoyed at having to be at a video game store in the first place.

Don Goldstein

Reaction score
The Beverly Hills store has an incredible selection of shoes, including models that are not on the web site.

pengesq

Reaction score
The BH Hills store is the main LA store and carries the largest selection, including Golden Fleece suits.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
thanks for replies...I've wanted to check out the Rodeo store anyways so that's where I'll head to.

novalis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Goldstein
The Beverly Hills store has an incredible selection of shoes, including models that are not on the web site.

Agreed, the same goes for the BB flagship in NYC, with an even larger selection of shoes than the Rodeo store.

Also, if you're going to the Rodeo store, you might as well visit RL next door and check out the EG shoes.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will second that the BH Brooks has a larger and more diversified inventory than the South Coast store (although the latter ain't bad). I have never been in the Downtown Brooks. I am surprised that no one has mentioned there is a Brooks in Century City. I don't know how it compares to the others.

As for the RLPL Edward Greens at the BH Polo store, you'll be lucky if more than a couple of styles are on display. Sometimes there are none. I think the future of RL's relationship with Green was up in the air. Has anybody heard anything definitive about that recently.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I am surprised that no one has mentioned there is a Brooks in Century City. I don't know how it compares to the others.

I've been to the Century City BB a couple of times and wasn't impressed with the selection--it's equal to (probably worse than) the DTLA store. It's most likely better to drive a few blocks to the BH store.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Will second that the BH Brooks has a larger and more diversified inventory than the South Coast store (although the latter ain't bad). I have never been in the Downtown Brooks. I am surprised that no one has mentioned there is a Brooks in Century City. I don't know how it compares to the others.

As for the RLPL Edward Greens at the BH Polo store, you'll be lucky if more than a couple of styles are on display. Sometimes there are none. I think the future of RL's relationship with Green was up in the air. Has anybody heard anything definitive about that recently.

Selection at the Century City store is ok, probably roughly equal to downtown. In my experience however, service ranges from mediocre to awful. Even though it's a five minute walk from my office, I would skip it and head for the BH location if I were going to BB.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
That's what I figured, re:Century City, and why I didnt list in in the original post. Looking forward to checking out the Rodeo store this thurs, when they have the 15% off sale again for 2 days.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a veteran of all three stores (never been to the one in South Coast), I concur that BH is THE destination, though I give Century City more credit than previously given. Until BH opened (they moved into Tommy Hilfiger's old haunt about three years ago), Cent City was, along with Downtown, the only other SoCal location to meet Martin Greenfield for MTM. He's now dropped Cent City altogether. (Cue the Rodney Dangerfield line.) They stock a large selection of pretty much everything, though I agree to BH shoe selection is unmatched at any of the other stores.

As for RL's stocking of EGs, I was just in there on Saturday and it still seems pretty strong. Nothing on the level of "The Mansion," to be sure, but they had about half dozen models, in addition to a dozen or more non-EG models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads