1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers khaki's - which fit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PolePosition, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I'll cast another vote in favor of the Clark fit at BB. I have four or five pair. They seem to fit me perfectly with just a little shortening needed for my stubby legs.

2. gorli

gorli Member

I think the new milano cut is find for me, planning to order 2 pairs or newly washed on for summer causal smart.

3. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

[​IMG]

This is the answer I received re actual garment size for size 31 and 32 Milano fit chinos:

'In response to your inquiry regarding our merchandise, please be advised waist size 31 the actual garment waist measurement should be 32½ and waist size 32 the waist measurement should be 33½.'

As some have noted, with about a 9'' front rise, these probably sit closer to the hips than the actual waist, which explains the extra 1½'' vs. tagged size. I guess these do fit tts, but do not measure tts.

That's good to know. They never got me any measurements when I called and emailed them.

It is annoying that they aren't true to size. I suppose because those going by waist measurement will need them bigger to wear at hips. However, should just size according to true measurements and let people decide themselves.

Still, it makes it so their smallest size (30) will be way too big on me if measuring 31.5" and that's frustrating.

Oh well. It looks like the J.Crew Urban Slim Fit is for me. They are not true to size either, but they go down to 28" (30.25" measured). It's still an inch too large at 30.25, but best I'm gonna get for slim fit chinos it seems.

4. vincerich

vincerich Senior member

It doesn't matter. They're both slim-fit and flat-front. The difference from there will be negligible imo.

5. miomall1

miomall1 Active Member

I'm wearing a pair of Clarks right now, which get a lot of use. I'm 5'6" and a 31" waist, and while I generally prefer a shorter rise, there's not enough room in the Milano thighs for me.

6. jhva3

jhva3 Senior member

I just went in looking for the milano, but they didn't have them in the color I wanted so I got the Clark. I think they're pretty slim. The taylor was chuckling about narrow they were at the bottom.

7. lastlight

lastlight Senior member

Milano has better taper, if you are bigger, (im 61 225), just size up and get the waist taken in. Bango fit.

8. lawcat

lawcat Well-Known Member

How do the waists run on these, and is there much shrinkage in the waist and inseam? My perfect fit is about a 33/32, what size should I order in these to get close to that? Im leaning towards 34/33, but maybe somebody who owns these can chime in. Thanks

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

How do the waists run on these, and is there much shrinkage in the waist and inseam? My perfect fit is about a 33/32, what size should I order in these to get close to that? Im leaning towards 34/33, but maybe somebody who owns these can chime in. Thanks

I buy my usual size in the Milano and they fit perfectly.

10. fjw

fjw Well-Known Member

Hi - I want to buy a pair of BB Advantage Chinos in the Clark fit and am trying to decide whether I need a waist of 31 or 32. I have a pair of 32 Dockers that fit great and measure 16.8 Inches when measured as follows:

With the zipper closed lay the chino out flat with the top front edge even with the top back edge.
    Measure from one side of the waist to the other.

If anyone has a 31 or 32 waist in the Clark fit could you provide me with a similar measurement for comparison I'd be grateful.

11. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

Another vote for the Clark fit. I have several pairs and like them very much. I tried on the Milanos but they didn't fit me well. I'm 6'2, 195 lbs.

12. bugatti.veyron

bugatti.veyron Senior member

How easy is it for a tailor to alter pants from a 30 waist to a 28? I like the milanos but the smallest size they come in is a 30...

Or should I just order from BR/jcrew/gap instead?

13. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Ive had a few pairs of pants I got from H&M in size 34 that fit everywhere but the waist so I got them taken in 2 inches and they look fine.

14. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

15. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

BMI 22.2
    milano are ridiculously tight for me
    i like my clarks very much.
    they are also *identical* in the cut to lands end tailored fit straight leg flat front pants, if you want to have more color choices and fabrics

16. GasparddeColigny

GasparddeColigny Senior member

The Clarks are the classic tapered fit, higher rise, still roomy on the butt and upper legs, and a strong taper. The Milano's are a more modern, lower rise fit: slimmer on the legs, and therefor needs just a bit of tapering.

17. bwp

bwp Senior member

Here are the measurements I got from BB for future reference:

Size 32/32

Clark Milano
    Front rise 10 5/8 10
    Leg opening 16 1/4 16
    Knee 19 3/4 18 5/8
    Thigh 25 3/4 26 3/8

18. jrjjrj

jrjjrj New Member

Anyone know if the BB outlets stores carry the advantage chino's in the Clark fit?

19. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

Anyone know if the BB outlets stores carry the advantage chino's in the Clark fit?

I have seen them sometimes on clearance or as retail returns.

I got a pair of advantage chinos Elliot fit for around $15 at one of the outlet stores.

20. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I'm partial to the Clark fit as well.