• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers 'irregular" ties

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found some brooks brothers ties that are labeled "irregular" but cannot find anything wrong with them. Should I buy them for the right price if I like their pattern.

Richard

cvac

Reaction score
Buy them, but carefully examine them again. Make sure they hang right and are not crooked.

I have one and cannot find anything wrong with it either. My guess is this is BB's way sometimes of moving overstocks and old stock through off price stores like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and such.

I got one for $15 at Marshall's and it got me my current job, so I'm happy.

neilallen777

Reaction score
i bought a few ties at the brooks brothers outlet recently during a clearance sale. i could've bought a thousand of 'em but i chose to be very selectful. just inspect them well and you should be fine.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok Ill go buy them, they are awesome ties.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be careful -- I bought a few yesterday and did not realize that they are left-handed ties. When I tried to put one on, the "big end" was on the side where the "small end" should be. I need to return them tomorrow.

Twotone

cvac

Reaction score
Flame.

Originally Posted by Twotone
Be careful -- I bought a few yesterday and did not realize that they are left-handed ties. When I tried to put one on, the "big end" was on the side where the "small end" should be. I need to return them tomorrow.

Twotone

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score

Twotone

that makes no sense. the 'side' its on depends on which way you wrap it around you.

CharlestonBows

Reaction score

Twotone

laugh.gif

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Twotone

The scary part is some people might have taken you seriously!!!

My Marshall's consistently has "irregular" BB ties. Sometimes there is actually something wrong with the ties, so inspect them carefully.

JimInSoCalif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
that makes no sense. the 'side' its on depends on which way you wrap it around you.

Well, if you use a mirror it will be on the other side - of course, you could use two mirrors and.......... oh, never mind.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Twotone

laugh.gif

modagg

Reaction score

Twotone

You just made my night

and lol at the dude who didn't get it

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Twotone

The funniest thing since the snipe hunt.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost as bad as the left-handed belts a purchased by mistake last year.

Twotone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads