Brooks Brothers 'irregular" ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by randallr, Jul 23, 2008.

1. randallr

randallr Senior member

I found some brooks brothers ties that are labeled "irregular" but cannot find anything wrong with them. Should I buy them for the right price if I like their pattern.

Richard

2. cvac

cvac Senior member

Buy them, but carefully examine them again. Make sure they hang right and are not crooked.

I have one and cannot find anything wrong with it either. My guess is this is BB's way sometimes of moving overstocks and old stock through off price stores like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and such.

I got one for $15 at Marshall's and it got me my current job, so I'm happy.

3. neilallen777

neilallen777 Active Member

i bought a few ties at the brooks brothers outlet recently during a clearance sale. i could've bought a thousand of 'em but i chose to be very selectful. just inspect them well and you should be fine.

4. randallr

randallr Senior member

ok Ill go buy them, they are awesome ties.

5. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

Be careful -- I bought a few yesterday and did not realize that they are left-handed ties. When I tried to put one on, the "big end" was on the side where the "small end" should be. I need to return them tomorrow.

Twotone

6. cvac

cvac Senior member

Flame.

Be careful -- I bought a few yesterday and did not realize that they are left-handed ties. When I tried to put one on, the "big end" was on the side where the "small end" should be. I need to return them tomorrow.

Twotone

7. TheFusilliJerry

TheFusilliJerry Senior member

Twotone

that makes no sense. the 'side' its on depends on which way you wrap it around you.

8. CharlestonBows

CharlestonBows Senior member

Twotone

[​IMG]

9. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Twotone

The scary part is some people might have taken you seriously!!!

My Marshall's consistently has "irregular" BB ties. Sometimes there is actually something wrong with the ties, so inspect them carefully.

10. JimInSoCalif

JimInSoCalif Senior member

that makes no sense. the 'side' its on depends on which way you wrap it around you.

Well, if you use a mirror it will be on the other side - of course, you could use two mirrors and.......... oh, never mind.

11. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Twotone

[​IMG]

12. modagg

modagg Senior member

Twotone

You just made my night

and lol at the dude who didn't get it

13. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Twotone

The funniest thing since the snipe hunt.

14. Twotone

Twotone Senior member

Almost as bad as the left-handed belts a purchased by mistake last year.

Twotone

15. VMan

VMan Senior member

Sometimes the alignment of the pattern is slightly off, check the end of the tie to make sure the pattern doesn't stop in a weird place. A lot of times the repp stripes are off, like this.