• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks brothers golden fleece v. Hickey tuxedo

butkusrules

Reaction score
Can get either for 800ish. Both supposedly full front canvas and both will need a good amount of alteration. Off the rack they fit about the same. Anybody have any adivce one way or the other?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What lapel? Brooks makes a notch lapel dinner jacket now
plain.gif

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
yes, i would go with the brooks brothers. tuxedo's are very limited to certain types of events, you are not going to wear them as often as you are going to wear a suit.

but you would want to look your best in your tux

lrmahmood

Reaction score
Where did you find a golden fleece tuxedo for 800? I'd take anyone I could find in a 41R for 1000 or less.

lrmahmood

Reaction score
Where did you find a golden fleece tuxedo for 800? I'd take any one I could find in a 41R for 1000 or less.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads