• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Goes the Extra Mile

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Wanted to share a very positive experience I had at Brooks Brothers in Toronto.

I had a very important event last week (black tie) and realized I forgot a particular accessory. So I went to BB to pick it up. After purchasing the accessory, I noticed that the sleeve length of my shirt was too long, and showing way too much cuff. Since there was no time for an alteration, I asked the SA if they could give me a needle to pin the fabric up about one inch. The SA recommended against this as it would tug on the fabric and possibly cause a rip. As an alternative he recommended I find an arm brace/necklace to keep the sleeve up. Unfortunately, BB stopped selling those and there were no other stores I could go to.

The assistant manager (Mauro Reda) overheard our conversation and took off his nickel-plated arm braces and offered them to me. He said I could return them whenever was convenient.

To be clear, he didn't make a commission off of me, nor am I a "big timer" at BB. He overheard a customer was in a minor predicament and offered his own personal accessory to help out.

I've been to numerous menswear stores over the years (Bergdorf, Tom Ford, Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, Barney's, etc...) but my experience at BB was by far the most positive. He went the extra mile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads