• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald navy blazer

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have this blazer, but I have some Fitz suits. The quality is good, and for me the fit is spot on. Unless you need it now, I'd wait for a sale, though.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I don't have this blazer, but I have some Fitz suits. The quality is good, and for me the fit is spot on. Unless you need it now, I'd wait for a sale, though.

BB F&F sale through tomorrow (IIRC). Might as well get it now, a soild navy isn't going to go on sale ever.

SplitTheAtom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
BB F&F sale through tomorrow (IIRC). Might as well get it now, a soild navy isn't going to go on sale ever.
The F&F sale ends tonight. It's a nice blazer. I don't own it, I just try it on every time I'm in a BB. The hopsack weave definitely stands out among the other blazers on the rack. I regret not buying it in July when blazers were 30% off and I opened a BB card. I feel like the Fitz cut still fits a little boxy in the waist but that's easily tailored. Happy with the style everywhere else though.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked this blazer up on the first day of the friends and family sale and I love how it fits me. What drew me to the Fitzgerald initially was the pewter buttons over gold which I find a little over the top and the full canvas construction which is really nice in a jacket. The only caveat is the Fitzgerald Blazer is only partiallty lined, I don't have an issue with it as I do have other partially lined sport jackets, others might.

If you are near a BB location go in and try one on.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7

Depends. I got a Regent navy blazer with patch pockets about two years ago for 60% off or so on line. I think I was able to stack 25% off and free shipping on top of whatever end of season sale was going on. If I remember, it was under $200, shipped. I really should keep track of these things.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the "Performance Fabric" on this blazer? Wool/Spandex?

020-banker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
...and the full canvas construction which is really nice in a jacket...

I am quite sure the 1818 line is half canvassed.

nurktwin

Reaction score

Thanks! Do you have a Brooks Madison fit too? If so, do you find you wear the same size in Fitzgerald as in Madison? Or do you size up for Fitz?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SplitTheAtom
The F&F sale ends tonight. It's a nice blazer. I don't own it, I just try it on every time I'm in a BB. The hopsack weave definitely stands out among the other blazers on the rack. I regret not buying it in July when blazers were 30% off and I opened a BB card. I feel like the Fitz cut still fits a little boxy in the waist but that's easily tailored. Happy with the style everywhere else though.
Extended to tomorrow. Is the online price showing the sale price in the US?

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this blazer. I like it a lot. It's quite hot here during the summer so the half lining is nice. The fit is just right for me. I swapped out the pewter buttons for some regular old horn buttons.

I bought it during a sale for about 30 percent off. At that price I think it was a good value.

nurktwin

Reaction score
Can you wear this type of Brooks hopsack blazer with jeans vs slacks? I've seen some posters saying a hopsack weave material come across like an airplane seat. How versatile is the hopsack in a business casual vs casual setting? And since the back portion is unlined, any chance one could see your shirt through the material if standing outdoors on a sunny day?

Eight

Reaction score
Ordered one a few minutes ago. I really hope the pewter buttons won't be too much for me.
Anybody has real customer pictures of the blazer?

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends. I got a Regent navy blazer with patch pockets about two years ago for 60% off or so on line. I think I was able to stack 25% off and free shipping on top of whatever end of season sale was going on. If I remember, it was under $200, shipped. I really should keep track of these things.

Really? My experiences, admittedly limited, with BB have been that they don't put the staples (solid charcoal, navy, black) on sale.

1wb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 020-banker
I am quite sure the 1818 line is half canvassed.

This is no longer true; they started introducing a few imported (i.e., made in China, etc.) 1818 sport coats that were full-canvas construction, followed by U.S.-made Southwick fully-canvassed Fitzgerald sport coats. Southwick is now making the Fitzgerald GF suits as well (fully-canvassed).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads