• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald navy blazer

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
24
I don't have this blazer, but I have some Fitz suits. The quality is good, and for me the fit is spot on. Unless you need it now, I'd wait for a sale, though.
 

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
3,140
Reaction score
194
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I don't have this blazer, but I have some Fitz suits. The quality is good, and for me the fit is spot on. Unless you need it now, I'd wait for a sale, though.

BB F&F sale through tomorrow (IIRC). Might as well get it now, a soild navy isn't going to go on sale ever.
 

SplitTheAtom

Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by deadly7
BB F&F sale through tomorrow (IIRC). Might as well get it now, a soild navy isn't going to go on sale ever.
The F&F sale ends tonight. It's a nice blazer. I don't own it, I just try it on every time I'm in a BB. The hopsack weave definitely stands out among the other blazers on the rack. I regret not buying it in July when blazers were 30% off and I opened a BB card. I feel like the Fitz cut still fits a little boxy in the waist but that's easily tailored. Happy with the style everywhere else though.
 

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
1,430
Reaction score
58
I picked this blazer up on the first day of the friends and family sale and I love how it fits me. What drew me to the Fitzgerald initially was the pewter buttons over gold which I find a little over the top and the full canvas construction which is really nice in a jacket. The only caveat is the Fitzgerald Blazer is only partiallty lined, I don't have an issue with it as I do have other partially lined sport jackets, others might.

If you are near a BB location go in and try one on.
 

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
1,820
Reaction score
24
Originally Posted by deadly7
BB F&F sale through tomorrow (IIRC). Might as well get it now, a soild navy isn't going to go on sale ever.

Depends. I got a Regent navy blazer with patch pockets about two years ago for 60% off or so on line. I think I was able to stack 25% off and free shipping on top of whatever end of season sale was going on. If I remember, it was under $200, shipped. I really should keep track of these things.
 

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Messages
3,485
Reaction score
38
What is the "Performance Fabric" on this blazer? Wool/Spandex?
 

020-banker

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 5, 2010
Messages
64
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
...and the full canvas construction which is really nice in a jacket...

I am quite sure the 1818 line is half canvassed.
 

nurktwin

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
288
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I don't have this blazer, but I have some Fitz suits. The quality is good, and for me the fit is spot on. Unless you need it now, I'd wait for a sale, though.

Thanks! Do you have a Brooks Madison fit too? If so, do you find you wear the same size in Fitzgerald as in Madison? Or do you size up for Fitz?
 

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
1,873
Reaction score
99
Originally Posted by SplitTheAtom
The F&F sale ends tonight. It's a nice blazer. I don't own it, I just try it on every time I'm in a BB. The hopsack weave definitely stands out among the other blazers on the rack. I regret not buying it in July when blazers were 30% off and I opened a BB card. I feel like the Fitz cut still fits a little boxy in the waist but that's easily tailored. Happy with the style everywhere else though.
Extended to tomorrow. Is the online price showing the sale price in the US?
 

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
2,451
Reaction score
1,422
I have this blazer. I like it a lot. It's quite hot here during the summer so the half lining is nice. The fit is just right for me. I swapped out the pewter buttons for some regular old horn buttons.

I bought it during a sale for about 30 percent off. At that price I think it was a good value.
 

nurktwin

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
288
Reaction score
5
Can you wear this type of Brooks hopsack blazer with jeans vs slacks? I've seen some posters saying a hopsack weave material come across like an airplane seat. How versatile is the hopsack in a business casual vs casual setting? And since the back portion is unlined, any chance one could see your shirt through the material if standing outdoors on a sunny day?
 

Eight

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Ordered one a few minutes ago. I really hope the pewter buttons won't be too much for me.
Anybody has real customer pictures of the blazer?
 

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
3,140
Reaction score
194
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Depends. I got a Regent navy blazer with patch pockets about two years ago for 60% off or so on line. I think I was able to stack 25% off and free shipping on top of whatever end of season sale was going on. If I remember, it was under $200, shipped. I really should keep track of these things.

Really? My experiences, admittedly limited, with BB have been that they don't put the staples (solid charcoal, navy, black) on sale.
 

1wb

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
124
Reaction score
31
Originally Posted by 020-banker
I am quite sure the 1818 line is half canvassed.

This is no longer true; they started introducing a few imported (i.e., made in China, etc.) 1818 sport coats that were full-canvas construction, followed by U.S.-made Southwick fully-canvassed Fitzgerald sport coats. Southwick is now making the Fitzgerald GF suits as well (fully-canvassed).
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,683
Messages
9,455,275
Members
198,176
Latest member
coyjjkfgloriai
Top