1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Dixie07, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

I stumbled upon this blazer on eBay and thought it was a fairly good deal. After some further research, it appears that brooks brothers resale value isn't that high. I was wanting advice on if this is a descent buy or not. Also, to me it is hard to tell from pics if it is in fact a blazer, or orphaned suit jacket.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/262676659640

2. smittycl

smittycl Senior member

Looks like a blazer to me although the pic isn't very good. Buttons are sometimes a good indicator. Blazers usually have a different style. That's a good price if the condition description is accurate. Fitzgerald is their fit based on JFK's suits. I have a two Golden Fleece and several 1818 suits in that fit.

Overall I would say it is a good deal at that price.

3. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

One thing that has me apprehensive about buying it is I sent the seller a couple of messages and no response. The pictures are pretty crappy.

1 person likes this.
  4. smittycl

smittycl Senior member

There are lots of Brooks blazers, sport coats and suits on eBay and here on SF B&S. Seller seems to be inexperienced. Nothing wrong with holding out for a seller with better pics and descriptions. Of course, he's not asking very much, so if money isn't an issue it might be worth the risk.

5. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

I ended up getting that blazer for $30. I figured for that even if it doesn't work out I'm not hurt too bad.

6. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

I got the Brooks Brothers "blazer" yesterday. I am going to post some pics I took, but I'm not still not sure that this isn't an orphaned suit jacket. Right now I am planning to swap the buttons out for something else. Opinions? [​IMG][/IMG]

7. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

And here is another picture. [​IMG]

8. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

I concur that it looks like an orphaned suit jacket. That being said, I think that if you swap out the buttons it'll work fine as a blazer/odd jacket.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  9. Dixie07

Dixie07 Member

[​IMG]

What are thoughts on this button set? Other suggestions are welcomed as well.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.