• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Shirt Fit Critique

dontworryboutit

Reaction score
Critique is appreciated

1001013x.jpg

1001012i.jpg

1001011o.jpg

dontworryboutit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Do these not have a rear box pleat?

No. The shirt is non-iron extra slim fit brooks brothers forward point collar. I am assuming the no box pleat is a standard thing for this cut.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit looks a bit small. There seems to be a lot of pulling around the upper back and shoulder area. Perhaps lose the undershirt?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
size up..............you look like you've grown out of it and still trying to pull it off.

The ESF now come sans rear pleat.........looks great!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the BB ESF. The one I have fits me great in the neck, but is about an inch too tight in the chest. It looks like you may have the same issue. Try the regular slim fit.

dontworryboutit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
I am not a fan of the BB ESF. The one I have fits me great in the neck, but is about an inch too tight in the chest. It looks like you may have the same issue. Try the regular slim fit.

Agreed, the chest is tight. I have the same shirt in slim fit (ordered both during semi annual), but the waist parachutes out on the regular slim fit.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agree with the above posters, it looks to small on you...

hobo_ken

Reaction score
I have found the same to be true as well.

The ESF was too tight in the chest but the SF was too baggy. Guess BB fits are not made for everyone. I suggest going with the SF and then getting it tapered/darted.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dontworryboutit
Agreed, the chest is tight. I have the same shirt in slim fit (ordered both during semi annual), but the waist parachutes out on the regular slim fit.
+1. ESF is too tight in the chest and shoulder. I have this very same problem. The alternative is a slim fit. But while the SF does fit in the chest and shoulder, its too blousy in the waist. The ideal situation: get your SF for 50% off (on sale now at BB.com) and then pay $10/each to get them darted in the back

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Do these not have a rear box pleat?

The ESF I bought a few months ago has a box pleat on the back, but I bought it on clearance so it may have been an old design.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It really depends on you, I would like a shirt to fit me that tight. then again i probably wouldnt wear it to an office.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Looks fine to me. But then again, not everyone is comfortable wearing clothes that fitting. I personally think it looks nice.

myke

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the fit will probably look fine if you lose the undershirt

CaesarSTL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
the fit will probably look fine if you lose the undershirt

Which he should def get rid of anyway... You ever hear a woman say how sexy it is to unbutton a man's shirt and kiss her way down his undershirt? Didn't think so... Just saying...

Back on track, shirt looks fine to me, but I've been moving to more and more fitted stuff.

Jared,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads