Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. aizan

aizan Senior member

To be honest, that never really entered my mind. There must be a few decent ones here in SoCal, if the BB doesn't work then I might just look around. Then again, I am just not too thrilled about spending more than $100 for a shirt.
    if you're in socal, you can get shirts made by freddy vandecasteele up in studio city. he's my last resort, if i can't find anything in the last few decent shops in town. 14'' neck is no fun. [​IMG]

2. jubei

jubei Well-Known Member

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

FYI: New poplin styles now available. Just ordered 3 of the white poplin shirt, hoping it solves all of my dress shirt needs...

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...ection_Id=1052

Good idea buying three. I might do the same thing.
    If they fit you won't need any white dress shirts for years.

4. xchen

xchen Senior member

I was going to try on the extra slim fit blue OCBD the other day but I didn't have time. They were tagged S, M, L, etc. and not by neck/sleeve measurements. If the fit is good I am going to buy 2 of the blue OCBDs and wear the heck out of them. Ideally I'd have 7 blue OCBDs and get them monogrammed MON, TUE, WED, and so on and be set for life on shirts.

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

I was going to try on the extra slim fit blue OCBD the other day but I didn't have time. They were tagged S, M, L, etc. and not by neck/sleeve measurements. If the fit is good I am going to buy 2 of the blue OCBDs and wear the heck out of them. Ideally I'd have 7 blue OCBDs and get them monogrammed MON, TUE, WED, and so on and be set for life on shirts.
    Why xchen, why

6. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Why xchen, why

LOL why not? Guy has a Ralph Lauren polo tattoo on his chest. It'd be hilarious.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The white dress shirt is tempting but I haven't even received the white oxford I ordered toward the end of December.

8. jubei

jubei Well-Known Member

The white dress shirt is tempting but I haven't even received the white oxford I ordered toward the end of December.

That's pretty terrible. I was thinking about throwing in a white OCBD, but saw that pretty much everything except the white shirt was out of stock. I am still trying to figure out my sizing in these shirts and don't have the patience to wait for 2-4 weeks to receive a shirt.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah my order kept getting pushed back. It is suppose to ship this week but I wouldn't be surprised if I get an e-mail saying it will be pushed back once again. I got the other two shirts I ordered on time though, I think they sold too much of the white oxfords.

Still contemplating the white dress shirt though but might just wait for the WVG but with the oxford coming I am not sure I would need another button down.

10. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Several new point collar styles just popped up. They are so tempting. Does anyone know if BB has plans to make a non-iron extra-slim line? I'm not sure if I should hold out for the non-iron ones b/c I suck at ironing.

It looks like they are starting to add the point collars. By the way, what do you think of the button downs? I don't wear BB for casual wear, and find it odd that their extra slim dress shirts have been button downs so far (until recently) since I'm not a fan of the tie + button-down look.

11. cchen

cchen Senior member

You shouldn't find it odd. It's classic BB, they've always done it that way

12. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

To you RLBL wearers, how does the fit compare to their dress shirts? How about Pink slim fits or H&M slim?

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

damn still waiting on those non-iron in extra slim fits

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I knew it, my is pushed back again and scheduled to ship March 6 now.

15. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Any promotions available on these shirts? Any coupons?