1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

does anyone have measurements on a 16.5/34?

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I see, thanks for the clarification. So the chart measurements are a recommendation of what someone with that measurement should buy instead of actually measuring their shirts... Kind of misleading, I guess I'm just used to sizing descriptions from store like Farinellis and 4HM which actually measures the clothes.

I bought a 15 1/2" 32 so hopefully it will have a p2p of 19" because that wouldn't be so bad being 1" bigger p2p than my ideal BoO shirts. I still have two weeks of wait from the back order though so it'll be a while before I get mine to try on.

Thanks for all the help.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

I see, thanks for the clarification. So the chart measurements are a recommendation of what someone with that measurement should buy instead of actually measuring their shirts... Kind of misleading, I guess I'm just used to sizing descriptions from store like Farinellis and 4HM which actually measures the clothes.

I bought a 15 1/2" 32 so hopefully it will have a p2p of 19" because that wouldn't be so bad being 1" bigger p2p than my ideal BoO shirts. I still have two weeks of wait from the back order though so it'll be a while before I get mine to try on.

Thanks for all the help.

dude with the $ you on clothes and your concern with fit, just go bespoke already..

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

dude with the $ you on clothes and your concern with fit, just go bespoke already..

To be honest, that never really entered my mind. There must be a few decent ones here in SoCal, if the BB doesn't work then I might just look around. Then again, I am just not too thrilled about spending more than $100 for a shirt.

5. BoilerRoom

BoilerRoom Senior member

The fit looks excellent, and I am the exact same size as you: 5'8", 150lbs. Have you had a chance to try on the dress shirts as well?

Copied my post from MC:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. lson

lson New Member

Got in on the 50% off sale online and ordered a few different sizes of the extra slim fit so I could compare. Ended up with 15.5/33, 16/33, and 16/34 shirts. I'll post an update after they show up. In general though I'm as confused as the other posters further up in the thread about the sizing of the different brooks brothers cuts.

Generally speaking BR slim fits shirts, and CK modern fit shirts in a medium both fit me reasonably well (nice chest width, sleeve length, overall cut, but slightly tight neck). Kenneth Cole NY 16/34's are also a really nice fit for me. Any ideas what this means I should be looking for size/cut wise from a brooks brothers shirt?

7. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

The fit looks excellent, and I am the exact same size as you: 5'8", 150lbs. Have you had a chance to try on the dress shirts as well?

Unfortunately not. I've been meaning to stop back in at my local BB store to see if they received them in to compare. I know the BB in Philly (which is about +/- 30 miles from me) carries them, but I haven't had the chance to check them out the last few times I've been in the city. If I ever do, I'll be sure to report back. In dress shirts I'm typically a 14.5 neck so I'm sure that's what I would be, sleeve length I'm not sure.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Finally received my extra slim fit shirts (2 out of 3 shirts) and the fit isn't as bad as I expected. In size 14.5/32, the collar and sleeve length practically perfect. The fit isn't bad at all, P2P is 19" and tapers to 18" in the torso. If the torso tapered to 17"-17.5", it would have been better. The chest isn't bad at 19" because the really high arm hole somewhat pulls it a bit for a tighter look but slightly bunches up in the back, not necessarily bad I guess, gives room for a mroe comfortable movement. The arm holes are extremely high though. The length is fine, perfect for tucking in.

Overall, it's not bad for the price I paid (around $35-$45 each) and if I really need to make it fit better, I'd probably just have it darted for a better fit in the torso.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. jet

jet Senior member

photo taken in mid-robot?

how tall are you btw?

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm 5'9"-5'10".

11. aizan

aizan Senior member

To be honest, that never really entered my mind. There must be a few decent ones here in SoCal, if the BB doesn't work then I might just look around. Then again, I am just not too thrilled about spending more than $100 for a shirt.
    if you're in socal, you can get shirts made by freddy vandecasteele up in studio city. he's my last resort, if i can't find anything in the last few decent shops in town. 14'' neck is no fun. [​IMG]

12. jubei

jubei Well-Known Member

13. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

FYI: New poplin styles now available. Just ordered 3 of the white poplin shirt, hoping it solves all of my dress shirt needs...

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...ection_Id=1052

Good idea buying three. I might do the same thing.
    If they fit you won't need any white dress shirts for years.

14. xchen

xchen Senior member

I was going to try on the extra slim fit blue OCBD the other day but I didn't have time. They were tagged S, M, L, etc. and not by neck/sleeve measurements. If the fit is good I am going to buy 2 of the blue OCBDs and wear the heck out of them. Ideally I'd have 7 blue OCBDs and get them monogrammed MON, TUE, WED, and so on and be set for life on shirts.

15. Razele

Razele Senior member

I was going to try on the extra slim fit blue OCBD the other day but I didn't have time. They were tagged S, M, L, etc. and not by neck/sleeve measurements. If the fit is good I am going to buy 2 of the blue OCBDs and wear the heck out of them. Ideally I'd have 7 blue OCBDs and get them monogrammed MON, TUE, WED, and so on and be set for life on shirts.
    Why xchen, why

16. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Why xchen, why

LOL why not? Guy has a Ralph Lauren polo tattoo on his chest. It'd be hilarious.

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The white dress shirt is tempting but I haven't even received the white oxford I ordered toward the end of December.

18. jubei

jubei Well-Known Member

The white dress shirt is tempting but I haven't even received the white oxford I ordered toward the end of December.

That's pretty terrible. I was thinking about throwing in a white OCBD, but saw that pretty much everything except the white shirt was out of stock. I am still trying to figure out my sizing in these shirts and don't have the patience to wait for 2-4 weeks to receive a shirt.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah my order kept getting pushed back. It is suppose to ship this week but I wouldn't be surprised if I get an e-mail saying it will be pushed back once again. I got the other two shirts I ordered on time though, I think they sold too much of the white oxfords.

Still contemplating the white dress shirt though but might just wait for the WVG but with the oxford coming I am not sure I would need another button down.

20. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Several new point collar styles just popped up. They are so tempting. Does anyone know if BB has plans to make a non-iron extra-slim line? I'm not sure if I should hold out for the non-iron ones b/c I suck at ironing.

It looks like they are starting to add the point collars. By the way, what do you think of the button downs? I don't wear BB for casual wear, and find it odd that their extra slim dress shirts have been button downs so far (until recently) since I'm not a fan of the tie + button-down look.