1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

correction, 21 inches pit to pit.

Do you happen to have a measurement of how much it tapers on the torso?

2. garmis

garmis Senior member

Do you happen to have a measurement of how much it tapers on the torso?

I will get that this evening.

3. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

LL of the Extra-Slim Fit shirts EXCEPT the solid and candy-stripe (but including the bold stripe) are on clearance for $39.75!

4. cchen

cchen Senior member

none in small sizes available [​IMG]

5. lson

lson New Member

ALL of the Extra-Slim Fit shirts EXCEPT the solid and candy-stripe (but including the bold stripe) are on clearance for $39.75!

I'd really like to get in on the sale you're talking about, but can't find it. Is this in store?

Three slim fit 16/34 shirts I ordered from BB just arrived in the mail and the quality is great, but they're definitely not the 'slim fit' I was looking for. Guess I'll have to drop by one of their stores for a quick return and/or exchange. I'm 5'10" 165lbs and run a 16/34 slim in most fits, but after trying these BB shirts on and looking at their website again I think a 15.5/34 extra slim would be a much better bet. Does this sound right?

6. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

^^ I am 6 ft 155lbs and a 15/34 fits me and my baboon arms. Unless you have extra long arms, maybe 15.5/33 would be better.

7. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

^^ I am 6 ft 155lbs and a 15/34 fits me and my baboon arms. Unless you have extra long arms, maybe 15.5/33 would be better.
    Are you overestimating the length of your arms? I am 5'11'', and 15.5 34 (actually should be 34.5). I don't think my arms are exceptionally long. Maybe they are.

8. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Are you overestimating the length of your arms? I am 5'11'', and 15.5 34 (actually should be 34.5). I don't think my arms are exceptionally long. Maybe they are.

FWIW I am 6'2" and I am a 15.5/36.

9. cchen

cchen Senior member

just received my first batch of shirts.... they are suprisingly slim. very nice fit OTR

10. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Maybe I am overestimating, but my alterations tailor and shirtmaker have both commented on my arm length - maybe it's just in comparison to my relatively short torso.

11. mjo317

mjo317 Senior member

anyone know how much these shrink? my 15 32 fit like a glove, and i'm afraid they're gonna shrink too mcuh

12. brooklyn

brooklyn Senior member

I stopped by after work to see how the extra slim shirts fit. Overall i liked the fit and ended up buying 4 shirts. I do wish the length of the shirts were a bit longer. as a reference i'm 5'10" about 174 pounds and wear a 16 x33.

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

anyone know how much these shrink? my 15 32 fit like a glove, and i'm afraid they're gonna shrink too mcuh

Cold gentle wash, hang dry. Done.

14. furo

furo Senior member

ALL of the Extra-Slim Fit shirts EXCEPT the solid and candy-stripe (but including the bold stripe) are on clearance for $39.75!

Yeah but don't all of those have logos on them?

I don't recall seeing any of the staple solid button down extra slim fits on sale

15. broodhours

broodhours New Member

mine are in transit, will post a review once they arrive...

16. jet

jet Senior member

Going to stop in and check these out.

Seems no more sport extra slims only dress extra slim, what's the difference between the oxfords in these two categories anyone know?

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I do not quite get their sizing. According to their chart, the extra slim fits are 8" slimmer through the chest (3" slimmer than slim-fit and the slim-fits are 5" slimmer through the traditional fit). In the chart in the very bottom, which I am assuming it is for the traditional fit, a size small/14.5" neck size is suppose to have a 36" chest and so by their description, the chest of the extra slim fit should have a 28" chest which equals to about 14" p2p, correct? Or do they measure the chest a different way? From what I am reading, there seem to be no way this is true.
    [​IMG]

By their description, the extra slim fit should be 6 3/4" slimmer on the waist and that would mean that on the size small/14 1/2" neck size, the waist would be 25 1/4", which again sounds really farfetched.

18. mmm

mmm Senior member

I do not quite get their sizing. According to their chart, the extra slim fits are 8" slimmer through the chest (3" slimmer than slim-fit and the slim-fits are 5" slimmer through the traditional fit). In the chart in the very bottom, which I am assuming it is for the traditional fit, a size small/14.5" neck size is suppose to have a 36" chest and so by their description, the chest of the extra slim fit should have a 28" chest which equals to about 14" p2p, correct? Or do they measure the chest a different way? From what I am reading, there seem to be no way this is true.
    [​IMG]

By their description, the extra slim fit should be 6 3/4" slimmer on the waist and that would mean that on the size small/14 1/2" neck size, the waist would be 25 1/4", which again sounds really farfetched.

The 36" measurement isnt of the shirt but of the chest. Its a body measurement. If you have a 36" chest you probably need a shirt that is around 39" for a slim fit. BB traditional shirts are 8" larger than the extra slim fit shirts which are probably around 2-3" larger than your chest.

19. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

RFX, those aren't the actual measurements of the shirts, they are meant to fit people with a chest measurement of that size and a neck measurement of that size. A lot of brands give the sizing suggestions, if your chest size is 34 to 26 inches wear a small. If your chest is 38 to 40 inches wear a medium. etc. The actual measurements of the shirts are much larger. For example Gap does the same thing http://www.gap.com/browse/sizeChart.do?cid=2094 For reference garmis said in this thread that he bought a extra slim fit shirt in 16" 34 or so (forgot the sleeve length which shouldn't make a difference in body width) and the pit to pit measurement is 21".

20. mjo317

mjo317 Senior member

For those of you interested, my extra slim fit 15x32 measures out to 20" p2p and 16.5" shoulders