1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. lofigeek

lofigeek Well-Known Member

In my experience they haven't been quite the same. I wear a 15/34 in slim-fit dress shirts. Perfect fit for me, slim but not too slim.

I ordered a slim-fit sport shirt in medium and it felt enormous. I exchanged for an ESF sport shirt in the same pattern and it fits like a dream. Very close to the slim-fit dress shirts for me. I would sat that the sport shirts fit a little larger/looser than the dress shirts in general.

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

What are the p2p and shoulder measurements on these?

I'm looking for info on medium vs large.

3. titletown

titletown Member

I'm new to BB and have only purchased from here once. I like shirts that fit to my body as opposed to the kind that flannel out. I was thinking about purchasing an ESF. I'm 5'7" 140-145. What size should I order?

4. Totakeke

Totakeke Senior member

Small probably. I'm 5'7 180 and ESF sport shirts in M fits me better than any other shirt so far.

5. mikeman

mikeman Senior member

Looking to get some of the x-slim sport shirts. I'm not sure if i need a small or a medium.. I am 5'9 and about 170 pounds. Any help would be awesome

6. bartleby929

bartleby929 Senior member

go med for sure - i'm like 5'5 - 5'6" and the small extra slim fit sports shirt fits perfectly on me

7. Sonorously

Sonorously Well-Known Member

I'm 5'9.5" and fluctuate between 160 and 165. Medium works well on me.

8. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

I'm 6'0"but stick thin,140lbs and I still feel like the extra slim fit smalls are slightly too long to wear un tucked. I'd prefer the arms to be a little slimmer as well, but aside from those to issues, they are pretty great actually. On sale they go for $35-$45 too.

9. trum01

trum01 Senior member

Is there a significant different in construction/workmanship between the shirts made in the USA, and the ones made in Malaysia or China?

10. afreegreek

afreegreek Well-Known Member

the Brooks Brothers shirt measurements are (collar x sleeve length).. 16 - 34 is 16 inch neck and 34 inch sleeve length measured from your spine at neck level, along the top of the shoulder, and down to the outside of the arm to the point at the wrist you want the cuff to fall.. I wear a 16 - 34 extra slim.. I'm 5'10.. wider than average shoulders, a 42 inch chest, and a 34 inch waist (actual measurement not 'size').. the cuffs fall slightly past my wrist and the chest and waist have enough material to overlap about an inch.. there is enough material around the chest and waist to move and reach without pulling on the material but no more.. it's a very tailored fit, anything smaller anywhere and it would be too small.. a 16-1/2 - 34 extra slim, the cuff falls the same spot on my wrist but the collar is bigger and shoulder yolk is wider.. this makes the shoulder/sleeve seam fall further out on the shoulder and also increases the rest of the body diameter by another 1/2 inch or so.. a little loser all along the body..

you need to go to Brooks or some other tailor to get measured.. I see in the pics you posted the shirt is not a good fit because you ordered the wrong size thinking the numbers meant something different than they do.. you may be happy with the shirts but believe me, you can get a perfect fit at Brooks Brothers.. my problem is my shoulder width.. to get a shirt that doesn't pull across the back I need to buy a large and I end up with mile of fabric around the waist.. it looks so bad that I stuck to knitted stuff.. T's, polos and sweaters.. now I can go to Brooks and get a perfect fitting shirt.. they're a fantastic deal when they're on sale..

11. ykim917

ykim917 Well-Known Member

Is there a lot of size variation among sport shirts (flannels v. oxfords v. chambrays etc ...?:

I've read through this thread that the smalls fit tight on some people with a 35" chest and ":perfectly" on people with a 39" chest. Should I chalk this up to differences in preference?

Someone sent me chest measurements of 20" on a small sport shirt. That seems like it would fit a 37" chest pretty generously ...

12. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Does anyone have measurements for an ESF dress shirt in 14.5 32?
    Or has a same body tipe as me, and would recommend a size?

I am 5'7'' and weigh 120 lbs, my chest is 35'' and my waist is 28''/29''.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  13. brozek

brozek Senior member

Just a quick question - if I'm a 16x35 in the ESF supima ocbds, should I be looking at M or L in the sport shirts?

16x35 is right on the edge of being too tight across the chest and right on the edge of being too loose in the waist, for what it's worth.

14. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

get Large--im 16 36

15. brozek

brozek Senior member

Thanks - that's what I'm strongly leaning toward after reading through the last 20 pages or so of the thread too.

16. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

no need to read, i wear both. bought them 3 weeks ago. 6'2" 195lbs, large and 16 36" and theyre really slim in the shoulders,chest but borderline too loose in the waist. im too athletic.

17. johnny1202

johnny1202 Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Being a smaller guy I always have trouble finding shirts that fit me. I came across Brooks Brothers and their Extra Slim Fit line. I'm 5"4 and 120lbs. I'm nowhere near a Brooks Brothers so unfortunately I can't try them on to see for myself. Do you think the ESF would fit me?

Thank you!

18. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

Yes, I think that without knowing any of your measurements, these shirts will be exactly what you're looking for.

19. johnny1202

johnny1202 Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the quick response!

20. jay3429

jay3429 Senior member

:facepalm: