• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cromagged
not to get off topic (i searched and couldnt find a BF thread) how does black fleece fit compared to gitman vintage or polo custom fit?

slimmer than gitman

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paging shirtmaven - you boys need bespoke shirts.

onlinematt

Reaction score
I'll definately be taking a trip to the store if they start making extra slim fit in the dress shirt (not just button down).

cromagged

Reaction score
yikes, may have to try it on. i hate the hawks at that store though.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Pretty sure that a few seasons ago they effed with the sizing of BB Black Fleece shirts. I have a white oxford from 07 that's slim as hell, and another shirt from F/W 08 that is not.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copied my post from MC: I actually had the chance to try one on (the white OCBD sport shirt in size small) the other day. I must admit, that for the price ($80) I think it is the best fitting truly slim fitting OTR "shopping mall attainable" shirt I've tried on. Unfortunately, the store I went to didn't have the dress shirts to compare, but if they fit like the sports shirts I have my eyes on these. For the record, I'm 5'8", about 150 lbs., 36-37" chest. Finally, BB finally got with the program of breaking from the tent fits, now if only they got rid of the damn logo on the front. That's the only thing keeping me from making this my go to, I have a hatred for logos/branding on clothing. Their dress shirts as I understand it don't have it, but my store didn't carry it. I definitely recommend this new fit. EDIT: Added some crappy cell phone pics of the shirt I tried on below.
img016.jpg
img015.jpg

hypostatic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
I agree that the shirts fit tremendous; I've been meaning to go back to get that white oxford. I'll have it shortened slightly. But I love the logo. I think it adds something to the white shirt.

I have that shirt, and love the logo as well - you don't see too many walking down the street, if at all.

I really like the shirt. It's my go-to when I can't think of what else to wear.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice, tonio. Do you remember if you could button the neck? It's not clear...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Looks nice, tonio. Do you remember if you could button the neck? It's not clear...

I went in very skeptical, especially since the "slim fit" BB still was not close to slim for me, but I was pleasantly surprised with the fit. I could button the collar without issue. 14.5"-15" is my standard neck size for reference.

mdeep1

Reaction score
can some1 explain to me why every1 here hates logos? i really dont have an opinion on way or the other.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
can some1 explain to me why every1 here hates logos? i really dont have an opinion on way or the other.

For me it's the whole "branding" a la the awfulness of the likes of say Ed Hardy, especially on an OCBD shirt. On a polo or tee I still don't like it, but I can accept it. Granted that's an extreme when compared to the little black sheep suspended by a diaper, but to me it's one in the same. When I see it on this shirt for example, I keep wanting to grab a fly swatter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads