Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

not to get off topic (i searched and couldnt find a BF thread) how does black fleece fit compared to gitman vintage or polo custom fit?

slimmer than gitman

2. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Gitman vintage size small fits me prefect but a BB0 is huge on me.

3. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Paging shirtmaven - you boys need bespoke shirts.

4. onlinematt

onlinematt Senior member

I'll definately be taking a trip to the store if they start making extra slim fit in the dress shirt (not just button down).

5. cromagged

cromagged Active Member

yikes, may have to try it on. i hate the hawks at that store though.

6. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

Pretty sure that a few seasons ago they effed with the sizing of BB Black Fleece shirts. I have a white oxford from 07 that's slim as hell, and another shirt from F/W 08 that is not.

7. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Copied my post from MC: I actually had the chance to try one on (the white OCBD sport shirt in size small) the other day. I must admit, that for the price ($80) I think it is the best fitting truly slim fitting OTR "shopping mall attainable" shirt I've tried on. Unfortunately, the store I went to didn't have the dress shirts to compare, but if they fit like the sports shirts I have my eyes on these. For the record, I'm 5'8", about 150 lbs., 36-37" chest. Finally, BB finally got with the program of breaking from the tent fits, now if only they got rid of the damn logo on the front. That's the only thing keeping me from making this my go to, I have a hatred for logos/branding on clothing. Their dress shirts as I understand it don't have it, but my store didn't carry it. I definitely recommend this new fit. EDIT: Added some crappy cell phone pics of the shirt I tried on below. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

I hate the logo, but the fit looks excellent.

9. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

ya i hate that logo too

its deal breaker

10. blank

blank Senior member

I agree that the shirts fit tremendous; I've been meaning to go back to get that white oxford. I'll have it shortened slightly. But I love the logo. I think it adds something to the white shirt.

11. hypostatic

hypostatic Well-Known Member

I agree that the shirts fit tremendous; I've been meaning to go back to get that white oxford. I'll have it shortened slightly. But I love the logo. I think it adds something to the white shirt.

I have that shirt, and love the logo as well - you don't see too many walking down the street, if at all.

I really like the shirt. It's my go-to when I can't think of what else to wear.

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Looks nice, tonio. Do you remember if you could button the neck? It's not clear...

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Looks nice, tonio. Do you remember if you could button the neck? It's not clear...

I went in very skeptical, especially since the "slim fit" BB still was not close to slim for me, but I was pleasantly surprised with the fit. I could button the collar without issue. 14.5"-15" is my standard neck size for reference.

14. mdeep1

mdeep1 Senior member

can some1 explain to me why every1 here hates logos? i really dont have an opinion on way or the other.

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

can some1 explain to me why every1 here hates logos? i really dont have an opinion on way or the other.

For me it's the whole "branding" a la the awfulness of the likes of say Ed Hardy, especially on an OCBD shirt. On a polo or tee I still don't like it, but I can accept it. Granted that's an extreme when compared to the little black sheep suspended by a diaper, but to me it's one in the same. When I see it on this shirt for example, I keep wanting to grab a fly swatter.