1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ahe

ahe Senior member

Here's a tip. Eat more and stop Wearing girl sizes.

You could be a 40 year old middle age manager with a beer gut and still be swimming in a regular brooks brothers shirt.

Lose some weight.

2. gnumonic

gnumonic Active Member

You could be a 40 year old middle age manager with a beer gut and still be swimming in a regular brooks brothers shirt.

Lose some weight.

+1

You'd probably be swimming in a BB Slim fit too - I have a pretty damn average build and the extra slim fit is just about perfect for me. Unless someone is overweight, a BB extra slim fit will work for them. (Though the sleeves might not accomodate someone with fairly big biceps)

3. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Anyone else think that the new ESF sport shirts are fucking ugly?

Yeah, they're pretty lame. They need to bring some of the styles and fabrics from the slim fit over to the extra slim.

4. DLester

DLester Senior member

I have some BB and just copped more for work beaters. They are fine but they are not impressive. As long as everyone understands that and adjusts expectations accordingly, all will be fine.

5. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I'm 6' 165lbs and don't fit into ESF, the shoulders and chest are way too tight. The annoying thing is that the website shows all the shirts has having the same shoulder width but this is definitely not the case. The ESF reminds me of Japanese clothes where more than just being skinny you need a really small frame to fit into them.

6. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Yeah, they're pretty lame. They need to bring some of the styles and fabrics from the slim fit over to the extra slim.
    Totally agree.
    I don't know about this season, but they carried only solid-colored OCBDs in ESF.
    What a shame.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I ordered two of their ginghams yesterday, I don't think they look too bad.

8. narkitekt

narkitekt New Member

went to the store to try one on, the limited ESF shirts they had were on clearance for 50% off. luckily they had a 15x34 left. the fit is excellent. you would be hard pressed to find something better fitting without tailoring or paying an arm and a leg. well worth the $40

9. jet

jet Senior member

I ordered two of their ginghams yesterday, I don't think they look too bad.

Nice man I am liking some of their offerings.

10. the shah

the shah Senior member

extra slim is skin tight i like a little freedom

11. cchen

cchen Senior member

Nice man I am liking some of their offerings.

true that. looking forward to picking up the ginghams during the christmas sale

12. HandsomeBoyModelling

HandsomeBoyModelling Member

I have a muscular build with 17" neck, 44" chest and 34" waist. Here are my impressions:

Extra slim fit: Tight in the chest, but... okay... everywhere else.

Slim fit: Comfortable in the chest, but too baggy everywhere else.

When standing still, the extra slim fit looks good enough for me. But moving my arms at all pulls the fabric too tight across my chest. Whereas the slim-fit is just too sloppy. I could have the waist and armholes taken in, but as an earlier poster noted: why bother?

If you don't have a 300 pound bench, I'd recommend trying the extra slim fit first.

13. jet

jet Senior member

My bench is 225 on barbell and 105lb dumbbells will I be ok with esf?

14. scb

scb Senior member

I'm 6' 165lbs and don't fit into ESF, the shoulders and chest are way too tight. The annoying thing is that the website shows all the shirts has having the same shoulder width but this is definitely not the case. The ESF reminds me of Japanese clothes where more than just being skinny you need a really small frame to fit into them.

i'm 6' 165 and the medium ESF oxford fits fine

15. accent1220

accent1220 Member

I've been really impressed with the extra-slim. As a guy who gets most of his shirts tailored, the extra-slim fit surprisingly well. I was in store the other day, and they had a binder full of the upcoming line. It's very Rugby-esque. I'm really looking forward to it. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised and excited. Based on recent fits, it's more slim than both Rugby and J. Crew, and with BB's history, it makes the pieces that much more authentic

16. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

My bench is 225 on barbell and 105lb dumbbells will I be ok with esf?

No. It is a mall brand and the only offering not made in China or Malaysia is a few Supima Oxford Dress shirts. How long before you are in the J. Crew thread?

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I wish the Sport Shirts has a similar deal as the dress shirts, some look decent and would be good value if discounted a bit.

How does sizing between the dress shirts and sport shirts compare? I always get a 14.5 x 32/33 in dress shirts, would that equal to a size small in sport shirts?

18. fuji

fuji Senior member

How much are the extra slims selling for at brooks brothers stores?

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think they sell for the same price as the website, $79.50 each. I am not sure if they have the same deal as in-store as they do on the website (3 for $199) though.

20. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

My roommate just started working for BB, so I will be able to use her 50% discount. I will need to try some of their shirts. It's impossible for me to find a dress shirt that fits my body. I will try the ESF even though I have a bit of a gut.