Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tonio028, Sep 22, 2009.

1. sccoopy

sccoopy Senior member

I usually wear a 15.5, and a Small fits my neck comfortably.

For what it's worth, I am 6'1 with long arms (I usually take 15-15.5/34) and the small sports shirts are the best-fitting OTR shirt that I've found (37" chest/155 lbs). I'll try to post fit pics at some point. I picked up three and I'm very satisfied with them.

I don't believe this. I am 5'7, 35" chest, 140 lbs. The size small extra slim sport shirt is very snug fitting, not skin tight, but I cannot move my arms around easily.

2. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

I don't believe this. I am 5'7, 35" chest, 140 lbs. The size small extra slim sport shirt is very snug fitting, not skin tight, but I cannot move my arms around easily.

[​IMG]

Apologies for the photo quality.

3. kopah

kopah Member

I usually wear a 15.5, and a Small fits my neck comfortably. For what it's worth, I am 6'1 with long arms (I usually take 15-15.5/34) and the small sports shirts are the best-fitting OTR shirt that I've found (37" chest/155 lbs). I'll try to post fit pics at some point. I picked up three and I'm very satisfied with them.
    Dammit! I was really hoping that I'd be able to wear a tie with this one. Ah well... I suppose I'll have to get the 14.5/34 ESF button-down-collar dress shirt to approximate the look. I'd still probably plan to get the oxford in white and pink... and blue... but definitely pink. [​IMG] FWIW, I have a 14" neck/34" chest (actual measurements), ~135 lbs, 5'10". I usually take a 34 sleeve. (No, I don't currently own any of these shirts. Just trying to figure out how they'll fit.)

4. ahe

ahe Senior member

I came to the same conclusion. I usually wear a 15/33, (36 chest, 135lbs,) and I found that the ESF 15/33 felt restrictive in the upper arm area. I don't lift either... I didn't try out the small though.

5. aizan

aizan Senior member

after six long weeks, i finally picked up my special order today (14/33 extra slim). the collar fits perfectly, as well as the chest (34''), shoulders, and sleeves. no RTW shirt i've tried in the last several years fit this well. whoever sewed this thing did a really great job, too. better than many shirts in the $200-300 range. =)

6. the_state

the_state Senior member

The extra slim fit dress oxford shirts are fucking perfect. Slim fit, great quality, made in USA, and all the colors your copy of Ivy Style would lead you to want. 16.5/32 fits like a glove but if it were a little shorter (or I were a bit taller), I'd dump my entire BD wardrobe and wear these forever.

7. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

The extra slim fit dress oxford shirts are fucking perfect. Slim fit, great quality, made in USA, and all the colors your copy of Ivy Style would lead you to want. 16.5/32 fits like a glove but if it were a little shorter (or I were a bit taller), I'd dump my entire BD wardrobe and wear these forever.

Can you give me the pit to pit on the 16.5" collar? Thanks. I know someone said it was 21" p2p for a 16" collar and wasn't sure how much the p2p went up for a half size.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Need to cop a few of these for work, looking for oxfords in this fit what's the best deal going or coming up, father's day sale?

9. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Can you give me the pit to pit on the 16.5" collar? Thanks. I know someone said it was 21" p2p for a 16" collar and wasn't sure how much the p2p went up for a half size.

I think about 44"-45" just from memory of how mine (16.5/34) fit me.

At BB's price point I would not expect perfect consistency across all the styles of 16.5/34 or whatever. They are made in big numbers in different places to sell for a small profit at $50 on super sale. There is going to be variance

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Need to cop a few of these for work, looking for oxfords in this fit what's the best deal going or coming up, father's day sale?

You just missed the 2 shirts for $99 deal, it's back to 3 for $199 but you can probably get a coupon code for extra discount that you can stack with it. Not sure if there will be a Fathers day sale where you can stack an additional coupon but it might be worth the wait.

11. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

made in the USA?? LOL. Since when? I just bought 6 of them and not a single one was made here in the States.

Yup. Father's Day is gonna be the next big sale. Not sure what the discount will be, but last weekend they did 2 dress shirts for $99 so I wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thanks guys, will follow the thread for further developments.

13. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

Can you stack the corporate discount on the 2 for 99 deal?

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think so. When they had the friends and family sale a couple of months ago you were able to stack it with the 3 for $199 deal.

15. Ossington

Ossington Active Member

This might be a silly question, but does anybody remember previous father's day sale. Are kids' sizes on sale or just stuff that "dads" can wear. Flipping sweet if a 3/100 shirt deal could improve further.