• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Captain Winky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Really? I though RLBL were as slim as BoO?

I have no experience with BoO, but I got the sense that I'd have to size up to L in them (and they'd still likely be too short). I wear my normal neck size in RLBL and they are good about giving you enough chest room but providing enough waist suppression to fit slim. I really like that their pleats are at the outsides of the shoulders as opposed to center pleats. Having them at the edges allows more shoulder room.

relax99

Reaction score
I just got 5 of the sport shirts at 50 bucks a pop. I like the colors but I wish the fabric was more substantial

BossTweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Wear under a cardigan or jacket. Problem solved.
facepalm.gif

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Wear under a cardigan or jacket. Problem solved.
Have them removed. Shouldn't be hard for a qualified seamstress.

hunky

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the American Apparel slim fit t-shirts, incredible comfort and they look great.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i washed mine for the first time today... warm water, regular cycle, hang dry. Sleeves, chest, and length all shrank a little bit. Nothing major but now even more fitted, which is great

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received mine yesterday and thought the fit was "okay." The fit was a little different than I expected, in that the shoulders/chest area is tight, but the arms and waist are still billowy. I'm wondering if I need to just stick with European brands and Hugo Red label shirts, since those seem to be cut best for me.

How much do the BB extra slim shirts shrink when you wash them? I'm considering returning mine. I would prefer the armholes to be higher and the waist to be smaller. If I keep them I think darting some inches away would make them much more wearable.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
I have no experience with BoO, but I got the sense that I'd have to size up to L in them (and they'd still likely be too short). I wear my normal neck size in RLBL and they are good about giving you enough chest room but providing enough waist suppression to fit slim. I really like that their pleats are at the outsides of the shoulders as opposed to center pleats. Having them at the edges allows more shoulder room.

To be fair I don't think BoO are meant to be tucked in. All of their shirts are just made too short in general.

If they just continued to stitch the pleats all the way down like on some BoO shirts, the shirt would have a much better fitting torso. One thing about the BB ESF shirts is that it does bollow out from top to bottom because of the pleats at the top but it is just folded and opens up down the back of the shirt.

relax99

Reaction score
I decided that these shirts really werent good enough for the price, I ended up getting polo slim custom fits, much better fabric

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15% off in stores and online. not sure when it ends, but I got 15% off yesterday in the store on an extra slim dress shirt

edit: looks like 15% off everything, ending today.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what size is comparable to an H&M Easy Iron small? which fit me pretty good, but are a tad big

dinted voice

Reaction score
^^

If you are talking about the slim fit, then I would find it comparable to a 15 33. I just received this in the blue cotton fabric and love the fit (though the fabric is a bit meh...we shall see after a few washes if it softens up). To be honest, the H and M easy iron small is probably a bit tight on me as the one I used to have was from a couple seasons ago and I have put on some weight/muscle since then.

kopah

Reaction score
RFX45, does the Oxford shirt (I assume you bought a small) fit any differently from the measurements you posted earlier on the 14.5 dress shirt? I'm particularly wondering about the p2p measurement. I take a 14.5 neck, and I'm also one who gets RLBL darted, so yeah... the slimmer the better.
wink.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kopah
RFX45, does the Oxford shirt (I assume you bought a small) fit any differently from the measurements you posted earlier on the 14.5 dress shirt? I'm particularly wondering about the p2p measurement. I take a 14.5 neck, and I'm also one who gets RLBL darted, so yeah... the slimmer the better.
wink.gif

I actually got a 14.5x32 in the oxfords as well, it was considered a dress shirt so it wasn't sized by s, m, l, etc...

kopah

Reaction score
Hm, ok, thanks. Anybody else have the underarm-to-underarm measurement of one of the extra-slim-fit sport shirts sized Small which are currently available on the BB website?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads